Supplier rant

General Biker Banter
Stormin Ben

Supplier rant

Post by Stormin Ben »

Nothing to do with bikes but I'm on my soapbox!!

Why oh why oh why (best points of view voice) do suppliers always Richard me about with orders
3 times this year I've ordered stuff online and then waited
And waited
And waited
After a reasonable time (week-10 days) I phone up to see where the bloomin hell my order is only to be told
"One of the items is not in stock so we're waiting for it to arrive before posting your order" :evil: :evil:

Could they not phone or mail me to either let me know or ask what I want to do?

Anyway, rant over I feel better for getting that off my chest :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Probably the truth of the matter is they have just fobbed you off with a load of bull***t :!:

I know some people are genuine and I can't tar them all with the same brush:!:

The real answer is more than likely that someone hasn't done their job properly in the first place or have forgot to send the item out :!:
Max

Post by Max »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you want to try dealing with Benelli, the UK guys are great and will get the stuff to you, if they have it, next day, but anything that envolves the Italian factory takes at least 6 weeks if not months.
Max

Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I've had the same sort of thing a few times. Nowadays if they look at all dodgey I ask for my money back straight away. Its usually quicker to get things from elsewhere.

In fact I've ordered stuff from the USA which arrived quicker than from the UK.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
beckster

Post by beckster »

This seems to becoming more of the norm now rather than an exception with companies from the u.k.,gone are the days when the customer was your companies most important asset.I recently ordered parts for the storm from france and germany,was told i'd have it in a week,arrived on the 4th day,ordered front wave discs from a u.k. company,told 2 weeks,now on the 4th week and still no sign! :evil:
If it ain't broke,fiddle with it!