Thinking of buying/fitting GPS

General Bike chat
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Ive got one of the Blue media "destinators"

Ive mounted it to the firestorm, by making a small alloy plate, which i have bolted via the 2 front tank mounting bolts, and it is bent and angled so it sits over the top yoke just below the ignition. Very easy to see clearly,and it clears everything lock to lock.

Will try and get some pics on tomorrow during daylight.
thumper

Post by thumper »

this is the job i got at the summer for my bikes ,its an old model and a wee bit bulky but well worth it for price ,never let me down yet and comes with all the bits you need ,and waterproof :wink:

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod3167.html#
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

hey

I bought the new tomtom go 1

well, had it for my birthday. its good. just not sure how i can attach it to the bike and how to waterproof it

this system looks quite good - the one linked by thumper.
cant afford it at the moment
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

i don't believe that any of the tomtom products other than the rider is waterproof

alot of people recomend the garmin 2610, its waterproof and has various bike mounting kits available
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I've just bought a Garmin Streetpilot 2610 from GPS warehouse - discontinued model and knoking them out for £250 or so, which is a bargain considering they were £800 plus a couple of years ago.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

just adding my view:

DONT BUY A TOMTOM,

Buy a decent touch screen phone such as the motorola A1000 and a GPS reciever, this can be had for as little as £50. Then search google for the tomtom 5 software! Works a treat exactly the same as the actual tomtom unit, only cheaper and with 1000000000000 more fuctions!

If anybody wants any more info let me know
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!