I know the motorcyclist is going over the speed limit but...

General Bike chat
LotusSevenMan

I know the motorcyclist is going over the speed limit but...

Post by LotusSevenMan »

................ I can't help feeling very sorry for him when the idiot cyclist drops off the pavement heads for the middle of the road and then cuts back in again. You have to view it a few times to see the exact positioning of the participants due to time lapse camera.
Sorry to read that the cyclist is brain damaged but the text says 'innocent cyclist'. Hardly with road/pavement craft like that!!!
Just shows how we have to ready for anything eh?

http://www.ridewithattitude.com/what-ha ... /index.asp
logan7

Post by logan7 »

8O poor biker i say :!: you can see the motorbike move to the left as the cyclist is over to the right and he just turns into him ... bike or car that cyclist would have been hit ..very anti motorbike reporting there :x
The force is strong in this one
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

No mention of the cyclist riding staight into the road and wondering all over it.

Yes the bike was speeding but the cyclist has got to take some of the blame
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

A biased report may be but 30mph limit is there for a reason :!: don't get me wrong I've not always stuck to the built up area speeds limits, but now a days I do try :!:

I've just had another read of that and the crash investigators estimate the motorcyclist was travelling at 67mph in the first 2 frames :!: :!: :!: IMO the motorcyclists should have been done for dangerous driving, come on lets face it he was out side a school according to the report :!:I know it was a Saturday but schools get used all the time now for different things outside of school hours

Chris.
Badger

Post by Badger »

If you look closely, in the first frame when the motorbike comes in to shot I reckon he's got the front wheel in the air, if thats the case the guy should have been done for dangerous driving. Like Chris said there's a speed limit for reason.
Fireman on a Storm

Well spotted mate.

He deserves every thing he got! He definately had the wheel in the air as he went thought the lights.

I take back my first post on this thread!

A few years ago I attended and RTA GSXR750 v a fiesta.
At first it seemed the fiesta had pulled out on the bike.
It turned out the biker was wheelying away from the lights and doing about 70mph when he hit the fiesta still on the back wheel! It was a 30mph road!
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

A biased report may be but 30mph limit is there for a reason don't get me wrong I've not always stuck to the built up area speeds limits, but now a days I do try
Have to say I agree!!!! Grown up as I got older and now try to respect limits in built up areas............... though not to say I don't 'make progress' in national speed limit areas, when safe to do so.

Think sometimes we have to accept that there are some ar*eholes on bikes whcih give the rest of us a bad name!!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

You know guys, I think you might be right!!! VERY difficult to tell but he may well be wheelying the thing. Wish I could freeze frame it!
If so, they really should have done him up like a kipper as he effectively took away the other guys life and left him as a cabbage, but then the cyclist shouldn't have been wandering from pavement to centre of road then back to the kerb.

:?:
logan7

Post by logan7 »

:oops: my bad he is pulling a wheelie it only takes one bad apple and we all get bad names :cry:
Last edited by logan7 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The force is strong in this one
Fireman on a Storm

Just watched it again. My 11 year old asked what it was. He saw the cyclist come into the road. The second time he watched it he spotted the bike doing a wheely. I had not said a word to him!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

You see, these youngsters are able to see faster than us old'uns! I must have watched that clip 15 times and hadn't spotted that, but I guess I was looking more for the course of the weaving on/off pavement cyclist.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well in those photo frames I admit it does look like the motorbike is coming back down from a wheelie, which I had missed :!:well spotted Alan, although I would have thought there would have been some mention from the experts on that if he/she had been :!:

Chris.
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

That was one of the first things I spotted actually... wheel in the air. Hopefully the biker will think twice about pulling them again in a built-up area but the cyclist should have been a bit more observant. Sorry to see.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

See attachtment, i dont think he was wheeling personally and you can see him try to move to the left out the way of the cyclist and then the other guy suddenly turns!

If he was on the back wheel what a tw@, i love wheelies but theres a time and a place!

Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

the reason for the 30mph limit is to give you time to watch the pavement and road, abling you to stop in an emergency. no matter what the cyclist did the speed of the rider affected the accident.

roads thru towns etc are not race tracks and as a biker you dont have ultimate use of the road. Biker should have done time imho. Imagine if it was your brother or son on thebi-cycle. The motor rider sure aint my brother. this rider family mentality doesnt work in situations like that.
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.