F****** Uninsured foreign drivers RESULT IN COURT!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
Fireman on a Storm

F****** Uninsured foreign drivers RESULT IN COURT!!!!!!!

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

The uninsured Swedish woman who caused my accident in January was in court last Monday 14/08/06.

She was charged with "Driving with un due care and attention" and "driving with out insurance"

Due to the police reports and witness statements I was not called to court.

The result was GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES

Result for me because my solicitor can now proceed with the Motor Insurance Beuro.

The bit that really pisses me off was the fine
Undue care = £200 fine and no points
No insurance = £200 fine and 6 points plus £70 costs

It's a bloody insult.
What sort of deterrent is that :x

The helpfull lady at the the Police CJU (criminal justice unit) who has been dealing with this case has asked me to make a formal complaint about the sentence/points and fine. Apparently senior officers are trying to build up a case because a lot of victims are unhappy with crap magistrates not being in the real world with realistic fines etc
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

FFS, what sort of justice is that??

Glad it worked out ok for you but a £200 fine for no insurance?
Christ, I might try that coz its a damn sight cheaper than my insurance premium!!!
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Darn site cheaper to pay the fine instead of paying your insurance premium!!!! 8O 8O
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Kitch wrote:The no insurance will be 6 - 8 points and a fine up to 5 grand. Due care charges carry a 3-9 point scale. As sentences will be mitigated by other charges, they're not cumulative.

As always though, the law is a strange beast. Very least she should get is 6 points and a fine, reckon at least £200.
I should be a judge... or a solcitor...

Still, your damaged claim to the insurance panel people should be good to go now.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pleased too hear the outcome Paul went the right way and she didn't get away with it :!:

But how ridiculous the fines were :!:
It's no wonder all our insurances cost so much :!: who's going to be well and truly out of pocket on that one I wonder :?:

Chris.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

sirch345 wrote: who's going to be well and truly out of pocket on that one I wonder :?:

Chris.
Me at the moment, what with 9 weeks off sick and light duties for a while, then being band by the Brigade from doing overtime and my part time job because I have had too much sickness.

And this is without the access on my insurance, having to pay more to insure the new bike etc etc :x
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:
sirch345 wrote: who's going to be well and truly out of pocket on that one I wonder :?:

Chris.
Me at the moment, what with 9 weeks off sick and light duties for a while, then being band by the Brigade from doing overtime and my part time job because I have had too much sickness.

And this is without the access on my insurance, having to pay more to insure the new bike etc etc :x
It gets worse :!: it just doesn't make any sense :!: WHY should you, being the law abiding citizen, (not like the uninsured driver that caused the accident) as well as your insurance company be the ones who lose out :?: It's enough to make you spit blood :evil:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

The fines are ludicrous. Watched Road Wars last night. I know its a repeat, but the complete tossers who are driving with no insurance/licence/tax/heroin habit seem to get very little in the way of a fine - sertainly not commensurate with their offences.

With a young lad faced with a £3000 insurance premium for his XR2 thingummywhatsit or taking a chance that he probably won't get stopped (the only offence now is speeding) then you can see why some of them do it.

If you try to play by the rules you get shafted unfortunately.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!