am i being daft? speed freak seeks reassurance. RESULT IN!!!

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Yes, you're daft.

:wink:
Well, you did ask.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Max

Post by Max »

VTRgirl wrote:Yes, you're daft.

:wink:
Well, you did ask.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Max

bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Pipstorm wrote:A mate bought one of the first ZZR14's and the only difference is that the busa has more low down power. So much so that he's just sold the Kwak as it wasn't as much fun as his old busa.

The ZZR14 is really a case of the newest and latest toy, PB tested them back to back round a track and the busa still came out on top :lol: not bad for a 9 year old bike.
Plus IMHO ZZR is ugly, properly ugly, looks like pregnant whale....

Busa is no beaty contest winner, but IMHO looks better than Kwak.

I read same PB report....saw 1400 last winer on Brussels salon. Still Kawasaki finally did it :) beat Busa on top speed after 9 years :lol:
As I said - like it matters :roll:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Hanuman

prepare yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by Hanuman »

(first off Kaz - I had a GT4, scooby's look like mondeo's :lol: )

So.... I've scoured the net. Hyabusa.org - 200mph.or - Biketrader etc

spoke to a few people on the phone this morning and the day unfolded.

I was looking at a 05 Busa, 1800 miles on it, new tyres, lad had fitted full race system, electronic fuel management, had 40hp nitrous which had been removed and had only been used for full song runs. I was very tempted, he wanted £6K for it...

Then.......

I found on Biketrader a dealer in Peterborough selling 06 Busa's. 0 miles, on the road for £6995.

I twitched and my bottom fell out.

I simply could not resist. My local Suzi Dealer had 1 in stock and he wanted £8.5K for it, other local Suzi dealers had none and were'nt getting any more til the 07 bike come out.

So - I got my debit card out and slapped £3K down and chuckied the rest over 12 months - I'll pay it off when I gets my equity, tho the interest is only £350.

Getting it datatool 4'd.

Got it insured with carol nash for £515 tho TP only (tpft was £2.2K) will ensure it is anchor'd to the garage floor - no one will be able to steal it from the garage and I wont leave it anywhere while i'm out.

It is arriving next week.

I can simply not wait. I've bloomed!!!!!!!!

it looks exactly like this one, except it will look hotter with me on it :P

It will look spiffing in the stable next to my storm.

me is chuffed to the hilt.

so send me kisses and hugs matey mates.
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

:lol: your scooby runs about 14.5 seconds Qtr mile then? enjoy it, 4wd tubby fun is great!!!

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

get yerself to elvington or york raceway, straightliners do events at elvington - there should be plenty of dates left running right into October... it's a canny day out - just watch yer clutch if its standard.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
BruceK

Post by BruceK »

Congrats on buying your new toy Karl. Agree with you that drag racing is more fun than the twisty stuff. I've just fitted a 60 horse nitrous kit to my little brother's 'blade, so next time you fancy going to York let's play :twisted:

I know that every one else drags 'busas but then that means they must be damn good at it, I'm sure you'll have a stack of fun. :D :D

Bruce.
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

cheers matey... think it's more runway flyers i'll be interested in :D

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Well done mate you won't regret it at all. My only regret is having to sell my 'storm to pay for the busa. Lucky bugger to get both.

For stacks of info get down to UKBUSAS.ORG, we arrange a few weekends at woodbridge et al for 1/4's and flyers, theres a few lads running turbo's, nos, etc and loads of help.

One of the members is Jack Frost - of Holeshot racing, currently building a 700bhp Busa, as seen in Performace bikes mag. So there is loads of expertise on the site.

A TRE is worthwhile but some can make the bike stall at tickover, check when you buy yours. A power commander makes a shed load of difference so much smoother. As far as cans go, like the 'storm the standards ok but sounds too quiet, mine runs a blue flame 4into 1 and at revs it sounds like an F1 car.

But most of all enjoy the power cos that's what you've bought it for.
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
Fireman on a Storm

Re: prepare yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

[quote="cubicincubi

Getting it datatool 4'd.

Got it insured with carol nash for £515 tho TP only (tpft was £2.2K) will ensure it is anchor'd to the garage floor - no one will be able to steal it from the garage and I wont leave it anywhere while i'm out.

It is arriving next week.

.[/quote]

Having had my last Storm totaled by an uninsured driver in January third party only seems a bit scary to me! Can I suggest a bit of a rethink and a long shop round!