What should i do?(update)again

General Bike chat
rst steve

What should i do?(update)again

Post by rst steve »

Picked up my Firestorm last Sunday from a main Honda dealer and had no probs in the first day but after riding it the next day got a bad rattle from the front of the engine and the bike kept cutting out at traffic lights so i took the bike back to them and to cut a long story short they have said that one of the ccts is knackered but it will be replaced under warranty. Problem is i have wasted about £40 in fuel getting the bike there and back, have lost a days overtime at work, not got the spares that came with the bike (O.E end cans and grab rail) which were to be sent to me in the post and have been given a dodgy Hornet witha duff back tyre and a chain that looks like its about to snap and is nearly falling off. Is it worth kicking up a stink on Saturday when i pick it up or just take the bike and run????????? :D
Last edited by rst steve on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Yes and yes again. If the loan bike is at fault it is your license that will get the points not their's.

If the faults on the storm has cost you money why should you be out of pocket
simon t

Post by simon t »

Oh and don't forget to name names if they don't cooperate - let them know their name will be mud. Such is the power of the internet :twisted:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I would have thought that Honda UK would be interested in hearing about this lapse of customer care too!
craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

I thought Honda would have been interested too but alas they weren.t

I have made a complaint regarding one of their main dealers and they have been very unhelpful.

Also, I think there's only one person working in the Aftersales department, if you phone and speak to "elliott" who has got all the charm and charisma of a dead rat, you're wasting ur time.
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well went back to pick up my firestorm yesterday and guess what still got a rattle still kepts cutting out and now the headlight dors'nt work :evil: dont know what to do now causei really like the bike and love the v-twin boom but is it going to be like this all the time? The bike has now been at Honda longer than with me. Only good thing that has come out of it is i have got a better loan bike an 06 Hornet which is nice. :?:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Steve,

I would say that you've got a fairly good case to get a full refund.
The bike is obviously not fit for purpose and there's plenty of other ones out there to choose from

Get onto trading standards or citizens advice and see where you stand

Ben
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

Hey mate

Go here

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

there's the telephone number for the consumer advice people - they've been really good with me as I'm having grief with my bike and dealer.

Keep us updated.
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Fireman on a Storm

If you talk to trading standards they will tell you to put everything in writing. It is well worth it, because as soon as the dealer knows you are talking to trading standards they seem to behave them selves a bit.

I acted on their advice when I had trouble with a seconhand car I bought from a dealer. I ended up getting a replacement car!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well got my Storm back today the dealer delivered it for me to my work and everything seems ok up to now (well apart from the fact that the fuel light was on :evil: )so hopefully i should be able to get some miles on it now and start to enjoy it a bit :P

Oh got to phone them about a bit of compensation as well :P
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad too hear it Steve, hopefully it has all been sorted properly now :!: :)

Chris.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Spoke to the dealer today and for the compensation they have offered me 10% off anything in the shop or a service not happy really as i am about £100 out of pocket because of this (fuel costs and time off work). When i sit down and think about it this offer means i have got to spend £1000 with him to get my £100 back :evil: :evil: :evil:

Least my Storm is ok now though :)
Fireman on a Storm

This means they are not giving you anything.
Roughly everything in the shop will have a minimum of 100% mark up (not bikes). Therefore he is still making a 90% profit out of you.

Tell him to stick it. Tell him you want hard cash to reimburse you for your out of pocket expenses he has cost you. Don't forget it's not just the money it's your time.