New fork seals

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
redhot

New fork seals

Post by redhot »

I'm sure this topic will have been been covered....but I can't find it when I search the forum. So, what are the recomendations when it comes to new fork seals and bushes? Honda genuine parts or are after market suppliers such as Slinky Glides (as supplied by Wemoto), worth a try? Are there any brands to steer clear of? Your experiences?
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: New fork seals

Post by sirch345 »

Have a read of this link, there is some good information there, including the make this Forum member used:
https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=504371

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Maybe just me but when it comes to seals in anything i always use OEM. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:13 pm Maybe just me but when it comes to seals in anything i always use OEM. :thumbup:
No it's not just you, I'm the same and should have said that in my post above :)

Chris.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Thanks for the prompt replies gents. Honda parts will, of course, work. I was just curious about good alternatives that may be a little cheaper.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

redhot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:32 am Thanks for the prompt replies gents. Honda parts will, of course, work. I was just curious about good alternatives that may be a little cheaper.
I have a Matrix FSE kit sitting here ready to be fitted to my V-Strom over the winter. In preperation for that I ordered up the Wemoto fork seal kit. But when it arrived I wasn't overly impressed with the look of them especially with the dust deal having the metal spring on the outside so just went out and bought the OEM items instead for piece of mind.

Al.