Health issues forcing me to sell

Moderator: VTRDark

andy225

Health issues forcing me to sell

Post by andy225 »

For sale 2002 Firestorm 21,000 miles £1200, unfortunately health issues have forced me to sell, I've had the bike since 2016 when it had 14,000 on it, it is in decent overall condition, tyres good, mot to march 2024, since owning it has had hyperpro progressive springs to forks, new chain and sprockets, new 14s battery, valve clearances done and new cam chain tensioners, reg/rec replaced with upgraded one, oil and filter change done every 12months,VFR800 bars fitted but still have orginals, carbs set up and dyno'd with charts showing 107bhp and 68ft-lbs at rear wheel, everything is good on the bike, only negative is the steering head bearings are starting to show early signs that they need replacing at some point, not urgent but obviously will need sorting sometime, had planned to get it done over winter, so bearing this in mind is the reason for the low asking price for a good condition bike with relatively low miles, happy to answer any further questions, I live in the Skelmersdale, Lancashire area
Last edited by andy225 on Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 VTR1000 firestorm,yellow,blueflame race cans. :D
fabiostar

Re: Health issues forcing me to sell

Post by fabiostar »

Decent looking bike for the money :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kay96

Post by Kay96 »

Hi sorry to message here I have a vtr 1000 can anybody help me please I’m gunning like a popping / misfire coming from my carbs I’ve replaced the air filter and small spongy bits but still doing it doing a carb clean tomorrow then see what happens any advice be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kay96 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:33 pm Hi sorry to message here I have a vtr 1000 can anybody help me please I’m gunning like a popping / misfire coming from my carbs I’ve replaced the air filter and small spongy bits but still doing it doing a carb clean tomorrow then see what happens any advice be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to start a new Topic in the "Workshop" section, as this here won't be seen by many otherwise,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

andy225 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:47 pm For sale 2002 Firestorm 21,000 miles £1200, unfortunately health issues have forced me to sell, I've had the bike since 2016 when it had 14,000 on it, it is in decent overall condition, tyres good, mot to march 2024, since owning it has had hyperpro progressive springs to forks, new chain and sprockets, new 14s battery, valve clearances done and new cam chain tensioners, reg/rec replaced with upgraded one, oil and filter change done every 12months,VFR800 bars fitted but still have orginals, carbs set up and dyno'd with charts showing 107bhp and 68ft-lbs at rear wheel, everything is good on the bike, only negative is the steering head bearings are starting to show early signs that they need replacing at some point, not urgent but obviously will need sorting sometime, had planned to get it done over winter, so bearing this in mind is the reason for the low asking price for a good condition bike with relatively low miles, happy to answer any further questions
You are fortunate to be able to list your bike for sale on here now due to forum members now needing to have a 50 post count. It's only down to the fact you registered before this Rule was introduced so you have slipped under that in case anyone was wondering.

Please add your location, well not your full address :lol: but just to give prospective buyers an idea where the bike is in the country,

GLWS

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for adding your location :thumbup:

Chris.