Ebay Advice needed

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Ebay Advice needed

Post by sirch345 »

Does anyone have experience of how I can purchase an item from Ebay which is not advertised on there, as it's a part from a vehicle thats being broken for spares :?: all thats advertised on there at the moment is a wheel nut :!: I wish to pay using Paypal, which after speaking to him on the phone is preferred by us both.
Will the seller need to advertise the item with a 'Buy It Now' or is there another way :?: He's happy to pay the charges.

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I think all you need is the e-mail account he uses for pay pal. Pay the money, call him up to let him know you've paid and he sends it.
Rich.

baldzone

Post by baldzone »

To have a bit of comeback, ask him to create a Buy it Now auction. It is possible to make it so only you can bid on it.

This way, if things go wrong your backed by ebay and can leave feedback accordingly. On the other hand, if things go right, it will boost both your feedback scores which is always good.

If he's a genuine seller, he probably won't mind doing so.

I stupidly sent a cheque off to a similar listing on ebay once and was sent the wrong part. As it was outside ebay and he lived the other side of the country he was less than helpful to sort things out. I was out of pocket and have learnt from my mistake!
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

baldzone has it in one..lets hpoe the guy isnt a rip off merchant..his feedback should be an indication..of his bonafides...but dont rely on it.....
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
chaz

Post by chaz »

Baldzone spot on, the only thing on his behalf is that he will have to pay listing and selling fees.
on your behalf, you have chance to leave feedback, some sort of protection for misdescription.
but really its up to you...
I just bought a Storm in black, now in the light of day its been fitted with red and yellow side panels sprayed black. not a problem really as I only paid £1400.
having said that I answered a listing like the one you have and I got a couple of mint tanks, oil and petrol for my Harley. delivered well packed. officially off auction, just check his feedback.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks guy's for the info, very much appreciated :!:

Chris.