esure bike insurance

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

esure bike insurance

Post by sirch345 »

Whats the verdict on 'esure motorcycle insurance' :?: I do remember some of you changing over to them :!:

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I'm with them but I havnt had to claim so cant really say if they give good service. Pretty cheep though.

Free breakdown and european cover as well.
Rich.

craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

I've just renewed with Express motorcycle insurance

0800 197 4527

Found them to be really good.

Best quote I had before I phoned them (and I had phone quite a few) was £800 fully comp with a £450 excess.

a bit of haggling with Express got me down to £595 with a £350 excess and allows me to ride other bikes, 90 day european cover and breakdown.

Not bad considering the size of the VTR and I've only got 1yr NCB
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

i renewed with ebike last month for £169 TPFT w/£250xs which was around £40 cheaper than anyone else and I declared the Dynojet/exhaust which made no difference. Does help that I've got 9yrs NCD though
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks guys for your quick replies :!:

I have had a bit closer inspection on the small print with Esure as they've given me a good price with £200 excess (Carole Nash who I'm with at present is £300 excess) but I see that may be different if it's a claim made for :-

Own Damage Excess: £450
or
Fire and Theft Excess: £450

But as Rich (cupasoop) says 'I havnt had to claim so cant really say if they give good service' which is all to true about any of them I would say :!:
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I've just renewed with Bennets on their formula 1 scheme. £118 fully comp. mind you has £500 excess. Age 43 with 7 yrs. no claims
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Gavin wrote:I've just renewed with Bennets on their formula 1 scheme. £118 fully comp. mind you has £500 excess. Age 43 with 7 yrs. no claims
I was with them too....but for less :D
More no claims and less years
:biggrin
Max

Post by Max »

My Firestorm is insured for free !!!
I have a multi bike policy with Carol Nash, fully comp, euro recovery blahdy blahdy.
When I bought the Benelli I wanted to put it on the policy of the firestorm but it was going to be another £350. The Lady on the other end of the phone suggested insuring the Benelli first ((£350) its group 17) and adding on the firestorm, this cost nothing !! :D :D
Max

BigD

Post by BigD »

Thread hijack :lol: :lol: Currently with RAC for breakdown, due to expire in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions for next 12 mths??? RAC have lower price for new members and not sure whether they are best in any case.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

stevieVTR wrote:i renewed with ebike last month for £169 TPFT w/£250xs which was around £40 cheaper than anyone else and I declared the Dynojet/exhaust which made no difference. Does help that I've got 9yrs NCD though
Thats another good point :!: I have 10yrs NCB with C/Nash but if I change to Esure they just call it 5yrs or more, so I wonder how that would work out if say I decided to go back to C/Nash in a year or so :?:
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

sirch345 wrote:
stevieVTR wrote:i renewed with ebike last month for £169 TPFT w/£250xs which was around £40 cheaper than anyone else and I declared the Dynojet/exhaust which made no difference. Does help that I've got 9yrs NCD though
Thats another good point :!: I have 10yrs NCB with C/Nash but if I change to Esure they just call it 5yrs or more, so I wonder how that would work out if say I decided to go back to C/Nash in a year or so :?:
In terms of discount 10 years is no diffent than 5 years, your max discount is 60%.

End of the day its all a big con by the companies, they charge what they want and because its a legal requirment we have to pay...
It's here.........
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

You still have as many years as you have gained, it's just that they onl class up to 5 years/60% so you don't lose out (as far as i know from past experience)
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badger

Post by Badger »

I was with Footman James, they wanted £230.00 f/c with 5 year n/c & a £500.00 excess.

Had a quote with ebike for £150.00 f/c with a £250.00 excess, than changed the bike to the new daytona & paid another £80.00

Alan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks Slim and Stevie for pointing that out about the NCB :!: Also Alan, Max Pete.L and Gavin, your in-put very much appreciated :!:

I must say I was really impressed with Esure's on-line service, their question's and available options for answers are really in touch with today's bikers imo, not the usual (if the bike is non standard we can't quote you on-line please ring this number) which makes a refreshing change :!:

Chris.
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

Am insured with them as well has meant that i'm able to afford the storm :-) Just hehehehehe
Jurgs