HELLO

General Biker Banter
rst steve

HELLO

Post by rst steve »

Hi all just bought a Rreg Firestorm and thought i would come on and say hello. This will be my first bike for a few years (used to have a cbr600)and i cannot wait to pick it up next Sunday wish me luck :D :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Steve and good luck for next Sunday :!: 8) :D

It's a bit quiet on here at the moment, but that's the norm for this time of the year, what with good weather and people taking holidays etc,

Chris.
dookie

Post by dookie »

Nice one Steve , be prepared to be fall in love with the shear grunt of the firestorm as it will make your old cbr feel like a shagged out 2 stroke :D :D :D :D
There was a time i used to care
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I'm a relative n00b to the 'storm too - and she's hooked me...

Effortless pootling in 4th gear anywhere to massive pull from 4000 revs...

She always makes me smile and sometimes makes me go "ooh... that's 3 pretty big numbers awfully fast there..."
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
kevg

Post by kevg »

welcome aboard matey.

it's also pretty quiet because Kaz has just gone on holiday, she'll be back in two weeks and things will return to normal.

i'll just go hide for a while for saying that... :lol: :lol:
cheerz

kev
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Thanks for the replys will get some pics up when i get it :P
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Hi mate good to ave another Manc storm around...You'll love it,give us the nod when you're up for a run 8) 8)
waspy

Post by waspy »

alright matey , I've only had mt firestorm for about 18 months but on the first ride on it I was HOOKED !!!!
It's a cracking bike
It's a bad idea to take a sleeping pill & a laxative at the same time !!
JAY.B

Post by JAY.B »

welcome aboard. i've only got my vtr running a couple of months now and i absolutley love. there great fun! best of luck with yours 8)
THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I've had mine for 6 years now. Apart from a couple of issues, I've forgiven the old girl again and enjoy whupping weekend warriors on their R1s/Gixxers etc. It ain't what you ride its how you ride it etc etc. :twisted:

Only the Gixxer thou I tried recently matches the grin factor when opening the throttle - the sheer grunt and pull of the Storm still gets me, especially with some slightly lower gearing - there isn't much out there to touch this bike after all these years of development!

Sure, others are quicker/sharper etc, but I am still the limiting factor in our relationship and I wouldn't want to be going any quicker on the sort of roads I ride.

If I could give you just one piece of advice, it isn't to wear sunscreen, but it would be to change the CCTs regularly. :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:I've had mine for 6 years now. Apart from a couple of issues, I've forgiven the old girl again and enjoy whupping weekend warriors on their R1s/Gixxers etc. It ain't what you ride its how you ride it etc etc. :twisted:

Only the Gixxer thou I tried recently matches the grin factor when opening the throttle - the sheer grunt and pull of the Storm still gets me, especially with some slightly lower gearing - there isn't much out there to touch this bike after all these years of development!

Sure, others are quicker/sharper etc, but I am still the limiting factor in our relationship and I wouldn't want to be going any quicker on the sort of roads I ride.

If I could give you just one piece of advice, it isn't to wear sunscreen, but it would be to change the CCTs regularly. :lol:
Well Paul I couldn't have put it better myself :!: Excellent :!: :D

Chris.