sods law

General Bike chat
northmanuk

sods law

Post by northmanuk »

well i got to the point where bike just needed tank on and it was ready to roll its mot and its taxed then in garage i went to put itt on paddockm stand which ive done a few times ok .paddock stand i picked was the wrong one it had a twist to bang bike goes over and smashes her fairing and the back end off my gsx. cheep sliders attached to side fairing did their job just as chris,mentioned but now i got bike on side in garage i might haqve picked it up when younger but not now all on my own after a few attempts i managed to use trollie jack to lift her up to the poiiunt i could swing her over
dammage nill mapart from snapped edge below screen on lh side
then i decided to remove pair valve quick job just install plates etc back cover first bolt .....ping snapped remove cover drill outr bolt ...not my strong point as i cant hold drill properly endeds up with 8mm bolt instead of 6mm 6mm tap wouldnt cut thread still alls well said i ill drill out plate
half an hour messing with new gasket and
whent to fit metal peg to centre of cylinde head bustard dropped it ting ting it disapeared
noww i cant put engine to tdc incase metal fitting gets further into engine ahill remove rear exahust cam and mlook for the fitting cam out no signe
looks like an enginem strip ahai have a sticck magnet ill poke around yes i found it but engine in mess no eexhaust cam gotta reset timing to tdc
i dont know if you can with 1 cam out i will need to back of mannual cam chain adjuster if i can get engine set up i also need to remove plugs can you get at frront one with fairing on aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :crazy:
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
AMCQ46

Re: sods law

Post by AMCQ46 »

bloody hell..... if it wasn't for bad luck, you would have no luck at all!
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sweet jesus :eek2 , if something falls to earth from space it would land on you atm :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O You poor sausage you :crazy:

The good bit of news is you have found the dropped dowel, that would have been a whole lot more work if you hadn't.

Yes, you can remove the front spark plug with the fairing on,

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

yea if dowel had gone down engine trouble is i dont know if dowel had rubber seal on it or if i never put it on thanks for the information chris and thanks for all the support it means a lot to an aged recluse :D
in my life i have never had this much trouble it must be an age thing but taliho im off to set timing,
i

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

northmanuk wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:50 am yea if dowel had gone down engine trouble is i dont know if dowel had rubber seal on it or if i never put it on thanks for the information chris and thanks for all the support it means a lot to an aged recluse :D
in my life i have never had this much trouble it must be an age thing but taliho im off to set timing,
i
I hope you had a better day today,

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

well timing done craqnked over by hand qall looks well i hope , new choke fitted on rear carb, new levers fitted ,shock spacer fitted, pair valve removed and blanking plates fitted front one looked as if bolts would snap but they never,manual tensioner refitted to rear pot,early air box fitted. i still got sprockets ande mchain to fiot but that can waIT also got the air box to finish (i have misplaced the bell mouths i will order what will be my third set,exhaust to frinish end cans etd. :D
wont be long till i have finished then what do i do aaaaaaaaaaaahgggg back to 1980's kawasaki zx10 which i started building years ago :(

Thank you to everyone who gave me support and encouragement especially chris it all ment a lot :beer:

mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Nice to hear you have had a more productive day :thumbup: :thumbup:
Storming About :thumbup:
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

If it is any consilation, similar has happened to me several times:

1). Stripped and rebuilt a CBR600f3. Dropped it off the stand when finished and it topled over. Broke the repaired fairing and bent a few bits.
2). Classic track day on the VTR (freeride nick and beefy where there but in different groups). Dropped the storm off the paddock stands for the sighting laps. Over it went. Never did a lap on it
3). Many years ago when i was a teenager i bought a GT250. Crashed it on the way home.

Worst i heard was when a mate had been working on his car on the drive. Which ment having the handbrake off and in gear. When he finished he cranked it forgeting it was in gear. It sparked up. Marched forward into the garage. Mothered his snapon tool chests, 3 motorcycles and the car.

Out of respect, we all knew what happened, but we never spoke about it with him. I dont think any words would help
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

bad days happen
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

yes i know stu but this has gone on since before christmas ha ha at least its over god both incidents sound really bad cheers
man :D all the best
law

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

northmanuk wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:47 pm well timing done craqnked over by hand qall looks well i hope , new choke fitted on rear carb, new levers fitted ,shock spacer fitted, pair valve removed and blanking plates fitted front one looked as if bolts would snap but they never,manual tensioner refitted to rear pot,early air box fitted. i still got sprockets ande mchain to fiot but that can waIT also got the air box to finish (i have misplaced the bell mouths i will order what will be my third set,exhaust to frinish end cans etd. :D
wont be long till i have finished then what do i do aaaaaaaaaaaahgggg back to 1980's kawasaki zx10 which i started building years ago :(

Thank you to everyone who gave me support and encouragement especially chris it all ment a lot :beer:
I'm pleased to hear things seem to be back on a more of an even keel at the moment, long may that continue :thumbup:

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

thanks chris brake lines all done clutch line next finishing line insaite

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

northmanuk wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:29 pm thanks chris brake lines all done clutch line next finishing line insaite
:thumbup:

Chris.