what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:33 pm
popkat wrote:
Cadbury64 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 am Forgive me, I have been unfaithful and bought one of these bad boys. Don't ride one unless you want to get hooked, you have been warned...Like the Storm, it is loud, fun and likes a drink.

IMG_1952.JPG

I have a 10SP fantastic bike, there are some mods that make it much better, an ecu flash with woolich software works really well, there's postal maps available where you send off your ECU or better still a custom map, fueling is lean as standard so this will be corrected, fuel cut will be switched off, cures the snatchy throttle, fan temp lowered. and one of the main things is the ETV electronic throttle valve, this can be refined which smooths the throttle... I run mine in power 2 as 1 is still a bit abrupt but pwr2 is virtually the same, it'll let you wheelie as far as you like if thas your thing. you don't need to change the cat box but many do, I have Leo Vince de cat which is quieter than a straight through, it's pretty quiet round town and just about right (for me) when opening it up..
Don't worry too much about fuel, it's not that bad, they are 150+hp superbike engine with s 17 litre tank, I''ve had 171miles to a tank on a long run, set it in pwr3 tc3 and cruise where possible. I know i can easy do 150miles which is enough for a leg stretch stop.. I have the Yam comfort seat which is about and inch higher, take a few rides to break in but i've done 480 miles in a day on it... Thrash the bike about though and the fuel consumption plummets but who cares then you'll be having too much fun :D

I'm not a big fan of the electronic suspension, I don't think it reacts quick enough, I set my manual modes, started with M1 and M2 copying A1 and A2, I then tweaked from there. M3 is flat across the board from the factory, I left this alone and use it when on the motorway, it's like comfot mode.

Sold! I'll take one! Image

Your write up has genuinely made me want one LOL
Careful Jamoi, I think Malc (Popkat) had his up for sale at one point :wink:

Chris.

PS. I agree very good write-up :thumbup:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

sirch345 wrote:
Careful Jamoi, I think Malc (Popkat) had his up for sale at one point :wink:

Chris.

PS. I agree very good write-up Image

Hehe, I put a deposit on one at my local Yamaha shop last year, it's an impressive bit of kit. Highly recommend taking one for a spin Image
Jamie :wave:
Cadbury64

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Cadbury64 »

popkat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:27 pm
Cadbury64 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 am Forgive me, I have been unfaithful and bought one of these bad boys. Don't ride one unless you want to get hooked, you have been warned...Like the Storm, it is loud, fun and likes a drink.

IMG_1952.JPG

I have a 10SP fantastic bike, there are some mods that make it much better, an ecu flash with woolich software works really well, there's postal maps available where you send off your ECU or better still a custom map, fueling is lean as standard so this will be corrected, fuel cut will be switched off, cures the snatchy throttle, fan temp lowered. and one of the main things is the ETV electronic throttle valve, this can be refined which smooths the throttle... I run mine in power 2 as 1 is still a bit abrupt but pwr2 is virtually the same, it'll let you wheelie as far as you like if thas your thing. you don't need to change the cat box but many do, I have Leo Vince de cat which is quieter than a straight through, it's pretty quiet round town and just about right (for me) when opening it up..
Don't worry too much about fuel, it's not that bad, they are 150+hp superbike engine with s 17 litre tank, I''ve had 171miles to a tank on a long run, set it in pwr3 tc3 and cruise where possible. I know i can easy do 150miles which is enough for a leg stretch stop.. I have the Yam comfort seat which is about and inch higher, take a few rides to break in but i've done 480 miles in a day on it... Thrash the bike about though and the fuel consumption plummets but who cares then you'll be having too much fun :D

I'm not a big fan of the electronic suspension, I don't think it reacts quick enough, I set my manual modes, started with M1 and M2 copying A1 and A2, I then tweaked from there. M3 is flat across the board from the factory, I left this alone and use it when on the motorway, it's like comfot mode.

Thanks Popkat.

I've only just had a decent ride in the country today and was actually impressed with the fuel use, it got better the faster I went! Its crap around town though. I have started playing with the suspension in A2 mode, and eased off the front and rear compression a bit and added some rebound as it felt a little jolty on bumpy country roads. Also managed my first ever power wheelie, was remarkable serene and then I laughed my head off...

Does a reflash make the fuel rise? I have a great local tuner who is lined up to do the work for me soon.

Had a cracking day for my first good ride!
IMG_1967.jpg
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Liking the 10SP, seems a lot of bike for moolah. Been really impressed with the little Duke 390 this week. Light, nimble through traffic, easily capable of licence endangering speeds on the motorway, 300 miles this week commuting to the office and it returned 76.8mpg, means I can keep the XSR for best at weekends👍 Deserves a wash.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Custurd to...
covid stick.jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Astra Zeneca?
The accepted wisdom is you get worse reactions from AZ, for your first jab but you get a worse reaction from Pfizer on the second one. Got myself the second Pfizer coming up end April.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Got a few bits back from the Powdercoaters for the FJ
Very happy with the results. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:47 pm Astra Zeneca?
The accepted wisdom is you get worse reactions from AZ, for your first jab but you get a worse reaction from Pfizer on the second one. Got myself the second Pfizer coming up end April.
OK so far, no second head growing yet...

Not even a sore arm.

It's all going so
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:59 pm
tony.mon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:47 pm Astra Zeneca?
OK so far, no second head growing yet...

Not even a sore arm.

It's all going so
My wife had the Astra Zeneca jabs with the first one she was fine but the 2nd one knocked her out for 36 hours I was hoping she’d have a 3rd so I could have a weekend of piece !!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:51 pm Got a few bits back from the Powdercoaters for the FJ

Looks very 80s pimp 👍😎
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Rear Pad retaining pin seized, eventually gave up.
Left it soaking in releasing fluid after heating it up...
gilson

Post by gilson »

Duffy1964 wrote:Got a few bits back from the Powdercoaters for the FJ

Lovely wheels!
No bike (yet).
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cadbury64 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:14 am
popkat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:27 pm

IMG_1952.JPG

Thanks Popkat.

I've only just had a decent ride in the country today and was actually impressed with the fuel use, it got better the faster I went! Its crap around town though. I have started playing with the suspension in A2 mode, and eased off the front and rear compression a bit and added some rebound as it felt a little jolty on bumpy country roads. Also managed my first ever power wheelie, was remarkable serene and then I laughed my head off...

Does a reflash make the fuel rise? I have a great local tuner who is lined up to do the work for me soon.

Had a cracking day for my first good ride!

IMG_1967.jpg

I found the fuel consumption better after the reflash, I put it down to not opening the throttle as much to get the same if not more thrust, so although it puts more fuel in you don't have to work it so hard.
Re suspension, same as I found down bumpy roads, I just don't think the electronic adjustment reacts quick enough. try setting an M mode the same as your A2 mode then you can direct compare.. You will find some settings you like and have fun finding them, best thing is 5 different suspension settings at you finger tips :D

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed Custurd, kicked the tyres. Still round & black so they are ok... Cleaned, lubed & adjusted the chain.

Fitted LED flood lights instead of the shite LED bulbs I had in the cave, much better now. £7 a pop from Aldi...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/ga ... oor-lights

Had a visit from Alex Martin sold some bits must of been desperate as he came all the way from Briztol... 8O
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

adjusted the chain on dori then watched it hissing down with rain all day :oops: :oops: then sat with it ticking over in the cave just to keep it alive smelling the castrol R :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: