what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your

Post by lloydie »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:25 pm
lloydie wrote:Going all out on that Duffy ImageImage.

Today I started to remove the tat off the bike , I feel better now Image
Show us some pics then Lubeboy! Image
When I start the build I will . I’m just messing about in the garage getting my tinker fix .
Next winter I’ll start it properly with pics lol as I’m still putting a list together of what I want on it . Just couldn’t look at the tat any longer 🙈
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm Finally got the opportunity to tinker with my new bike Image

Valve clearances, exhaust, SAS removal kit (that's a pair system to you boys!), O2 sensor removal kit, ASV long levers, Quickshifter, loctite and torque clutch springs (they are known to undo themselves). One of the throttle body rubbers looked a bit iffy so I have a replacement on order.

All in all a good day spent tinkering and listening to tunes, it has been far far too long! Image
Nice one Jamie :thumbup:
I have always like the look of the RC8 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Cadbury64 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 am Forgive me, I have been unfaithful and bought one of these bad boys. Don't ride one unless you want to get hooked, you have been warned...Like the Storm, it is loud, fun and likes a drink.

Another fine bike Cadbury64 :D
I like the look of these too 8)

Popkat has one of these iirc,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:55 pm Bit more done on the FJ Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow what a difference to how it was, nice work Duffy :clap:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Found out that not all RWU Fireblade forks with the MAE part code are the same. My knackered forks have damping adjusters that click whereas the forks I've sourced to fix them do not. Annoyingly they screw into the sliders with different bodies so are not transferable. The hunt for replacement forks continues.

Click adjuster on the left, plain screw one on the right.
DSC_6371.JPG
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 pm Found out that not all RWU Fireblade forks with the MAE part code are the same. My knackered forks have damping adjusters that click whereas the forks I've sourced to fix them do not. Annoyingly they screw into the sliders with different bodies so are not transferable. The hunt for replacement forks continues.

Click adjuster on the left, plain screw one on the right.
DSC_6371.JPG
i think the later forks gained adjusters that the early ones didnt have? changed about 95 possibly?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:55 pm Bit more done on the FJ Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
such a diffrence :thumbup: :thumbup: you are fair ripping into this one :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Had a nice ride in this morn in a gale... :lol: :lol:

Bit sketchy at some points...

You know it's windy when your leaning over when going in a straight line... :Toilet1:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 pm You know it's windy when your leaning over when going in a straight line... :Toilet1:
Sod that..... 😬
Insufferable halfwit.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the fork oil on the MT9 to try and cure the quite horrible forks yamaha fitted :eek2 . its lashing it down so will have to wait to see how its went.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:55 am Very nice Cadbury :thumbup: Is it the 09 or the 10?
It's the 10, and the fancy version with semi-active Ohlins. And it does indeed make lovely noises.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Cadbury64 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:15 am
AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:55 am Very nice Cadbury :thumbup: Is it the 09 or the 10?
It's the 10, and the fancy version with semi-active Ohlins. And it does indeed make lovely noises.
nice .. so a newer version of Popkats MT10SP. I am sure he will be on soon to tell you what to do with the ECU mapping :D
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cadbury64 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 am Forgive me, I have been unfaithful and bought one of these bad boys. Don't ride one unless you want to get hooked, you have been warned...Like the Storm, it is loud, fun and likes a drink.

IMG_1952.JPG

I have a 10SP fantastic bike, there are some mods that make it much better, an ecu flash with woolich software works really well, there's postal maps available where you send off your ECU or better still a custom map, fueling is lean as standard so this will be corrected, fuel cut will be switched off, cures the snatchy throttle, fan temp lowered. and one of the main things is the ETV electronic throttle valve, this can be refined which smooths the throttle... I run mine in power 2 as 1 is still a bit abrupt but pwr2 is virtually the same, it'll let you wheelie as far as you like if thas your thing. you don't need to change the cat box but many do, I have Leo Vince de cat which is quieter than a straight through, it's pretty quiet round town and just about right (for me) when opening it up..
Don't worry too much about fuel, it's not that bad, they are 150+hp superbike engine with s 17 litre tank, I''ve had 171miles to a tank on a long run, set it in pwr3 tc3 and cruise where possible. I know i can easy do 150miles which is enough for a leg stretch stop.. I have the Yam comfort seat which is about and inch higher, take a few rides to break in but i've done 480 miles in a day on it... Thrash the bike about though and the fuel consumption plummets but who cares then you'll be having too much fun :D

I'm not a big fan of the electronic suspension, I don't think it reacts quick enough, I set my manual modes, started with M1 and M2 copying A1 and A2, I then tweaked from there. M3 is flat across the board from the factory, I left this alone and use it when on the motorway, it's like comfot mode.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

popkat wrote:

IMG_1952.JPG

I have a 10SP fantastic bike, there are some mods that make it much better, an ecu flash with woolich software works really well, there's postal maps available where you send off your ECU or better still a custom map, fueling is lean as standard so this will be corrected, fuel cut will be switched off, cures the snatchy throttle, fan temp lowered. and one of the main things is the ETV electronic throttle valve, this can be refined which smooths the throttle... I run mine in power 2 as 1 is still a bit abrupt but pwr2 is virtually the same, it'll let you wheelie as far as you like if thas your thing. you don't need to change the cat box but many do, I have Leo Vince de cat which is quieter than a straight through, it's pretty quiet round town and just about right (for me) when opening it up..
Don't worry too much about fuel, it's not that bad, they are 150+hp superbike engine with s 17 litre tank, I''ve had 171miles to a tank on a long run, set it in pwr3 tc3 and cruise where possible. I know i can easy do 150miles which is enough for a leg stretch stop.. I have the Yam comfort seat which is about and inch higher, take a few rides to break in but i've done 480 miles in a day on it... Thrash the bike about though and the fuel consumption plummets but who cares then you'll be having too much fun :D

I'm not a big fan of the electronic suspension, I don't think it reacts quick enough, I set my manual modes, started with M1 and M2 copying A1 and A2, I then tweaked from there. M3 is flat across the board from the factory, I left this alone and use it when on the motorway, it's like comfot mode.

Sold! I'll take one! Image

Your write up has genuinely made me want one LOL
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like playing Gran Turismo lol