Netflix & Chill

General Biker Banter
Lloydie2954

Netflix & Chill

Post by Lloydie2954 »

Just had a watch of the Dunlop documentary "Road" (Amazon prime) ...not ashamed to say I was fighting off the tears end of that one :wtf: sure folk have seen it, & of course William has passed since which makes it even sadder.. but out of all the Joey docs out there this one choked me up :cry: / got me thinking about a few others ive :Beer Popcorn: during lockdown. *Hitting the apex - another good one well worth a watch featuring 'that' GP bloke when he burst onto the scene & 'faster' with Colin Edwards. All a bit dated now mind but there's only so many seasons you can re watch of BSB :P .and if your a 'youtuber' 44teeth with Alistair faagan / Von boron - some of the older vids are pretty funny ! (I need my 50 posts :thumbup: :lol: )
lloydie

Re: Netflix & Chill

Post by lloydie »

An old one I like is silver dream racer with that pop singer in it , I for get his name now( sure one of you olduns will remember his name ) .

Shame there ain’t many good “bike” films out
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

lloydie wrote:An old one I like is silver dream racer with that pop singer in it , I for get his name now( sure one of you olduns will remember his name ) .

That was David Essex (Of, War of the worlds fame?) wasn't it?

Road definitely gave me a lump in the throat.

44 Teeth is wicked, have you tried Missenden Flyer? Not funny, but good quality reviews.

Jamie :wave:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Oh yeah, you watched any Dave Moss videos?

Really good info on suspension tuning. I thought I had a reasonable grasp on the basics, but then then Dave comes along and sounds like your dad giving you a rollocking - but you'll thank him in the long run

Looking forward to trying the ring of grease, to reduce stiction trick.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamoi wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 am
lloydie wrote:An old one I like is silver dream racer with that pop singer in it , I for get his name now( sure one of you olduns will remember his name ) .

44 Teeth is wicked, have you tried Missenden Flyer? Not funny, but good quality reviews.
yup, David Essex was the pop star who was also the Silver dream racer man ... my big sister Liz was his biggest fan :lol:

the bike in the film was built around the Barton Phoenix, 750cc, square 4, 2 stroke race engine that was used by a few UK sidecar racers.
this one is my mates dads TT wining outfit.
https://teamheronsuzuki.blogspot.com/20 ... oenix.html.

44 teeth are a bit like the motorbike version of top gear, I really liked them when they started, and James from JHS racing is a f*cking legend, but I think they are having to be a bit too corporate these days and that spoils it slightly.

Missendenflyer ... I think you are right, good information makes it worth watching, but I would hate to spend a night in the pub with the bloke. I think he like the sound of his own voice too much :lol:

bad Obsession Motorsport is still the best on yoytube for me, even though they dont do anything to do with Bikes, I just love the home made engineering.
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Those boys with their "CAD" engineering are phenomenal!

That 750 2 stroke is something else too
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I knew you old boy would know who he was 😂.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 am
Jamoi wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 am

yup, David Essex was the pop star who was also the Silver dream racer man ... my big sister Liz was his biggest fan :lol:

the bike in the film was built around the Barton Phoenix, 750cc, square 4, 2 stroke race engine that was used by a few UK sidecar racers.
this one is my mates dads TT wining outfit.
https://teamheronsuzuki.blogspot.com/20 ... oenix.html.

44 teeth are a bit like the motorbike version of top gear, I really liked them when they started, and James from JHS racing is a f*cking legend, but I think they are having to be a bit too corporate these days and that spoils it slightly.

Missendenflyer ... I think you are right, good information makes it worth watching, but I would hate to spend a night in the pub with the bloke. I think he like the sound of his own voice too much :lol:

bad Obsession Motorsport is still the best on yoytube for me, even though they dont do anything to do with Bikes, I just love the home made engineering.
I too liked Silver Dream Racer :cool2

Thanks for the info and pic Al, I never knew that,

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I've been watching the 80's 500cc GP races, the likes of Rainey, Schwantz, Gardner, Doohan, Kocinsky et al riding them 2 stroke animals is still quality. Seeing Rainey crash at Italy and never get on his feet again from what seemed fairly innocuous in terms of 500 offs is still shocking.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!