Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MK_WF

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by MK_WF »

buzzer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:18 pm I need to tweak the ignitech unit and enable one of the output channels to limit the revs to 2500 when the stand is down…
That's not too difficult. Assuming the side stand switch being a closer type when the stand is out, you wire it to one of the free inputs.
Depending on the CDI version, you can either choose blocking or start limiter.
Blocking will create the standard VTR behavior (i.e. engine stalls), whereas start limiter will limit the rpm to the set value, no matter how much you open the throttle.
Bye
Martin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:18 pm well apart from a few snagging jobs, and replacing the rear brake hose which is too long… its finished. I need to tweak the ignitech unit and enable one of the output channels to limit the revs to 2500 when the stand is down… When I was 19 a good mate rode away from the pub with the stand down… just up the road he came off, and the accident resulted in him losing an arm… those things stay with you…

Need to find another project now! if anyone in the UK has anything... let me know!

Another brilliant job Buzzer :clap: 8)

It looks amazing, well done,

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

Wonderful restoration.

Do you plan to sell or keep?
No bike (yet).
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

gilson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 pm Wonderful restoration.

Do you plan to sell or keep?
thanks!

I am going to keep this one... I was reflecting the other day about a day in 1994 when I went to work on My Laverda Jota...it was such a nice day I rode past work and went to Slater Brothers the Laverda importers at Collington. When I got there I parked next to a red 900 Monster... It was the first time I had seen one in the flesh... I was looking around it when Richard Slater came out with the keys and said take it for a spin! I was really impressed, much lighter and agile than the Jota... I have always wanted one since then!

I will probably sell the 996 in the spring though...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You’ve done a fantastic job there .
I’ve always liked the m900
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thanks for the votes on the The 2020 Forum Awards Ceremony guys!

They say a build is never finished… in some ways true! I am still finding little jobs to do like making some frame bungs as none came with the bike…

I am on the lookout for the next project, I will keep this thread going as I feel I almost belong here now :lol:

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

An SP1 or 2 would be a good project...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Post by gilson »

What about an African Twin or similar PD beast? A mint one of those would command serious paper...
No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:48 am thanks for the votes on the The 2020 Forum Awards Ceremony guys!

They say a build is never finished… in some ways true! I am still finding little jobs to do like making some frame bungs as none came with the bike…

I am on the lookout for the next project, I will keep this thread going as I feel I almost belong here now :lol:

Please do continue here, I've enjoyed very much reading about all your projects and seeing the pic's. I have also picked up some good tips from you too :thumbup:

Those bungs certainly finish off the frame nicely.

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A gold coin would go nicely in those frame junctions, a bit of bling, perhaps?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

I was looking at the picture of the bike the other day and thought” those silencers are too long”… and its too quiet… Well I had the original silencers which were quite marked, So I looked at shortening them and removing part of the baffle… not a bad job… by removing the bracket I was able to slide the sleeve down enough to remove the end with a cutting disc. I then cut 100mm off the inner and sleeve (both ends to preserve the stampings) , and welded it all back up again. One thing I learned many years ago when welding exhausts is to clean the carbon off the inside… or it leaches through the weld and the joint cracks! They polish up really well…you just have to remove the original finish with a DA sander with some 120 grit, followed by some 400, then polish…

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You must be getting bored :lol:

I like the new look :thumbup:

Are you happy with the new sound :?:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

amazing job. you have to much talent sir, can i have some please :eek2 :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks much better . That’s a m900 I’d buy 👍
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

well my builds have come to an end for this year... so for now I will bid you guys goodbye for a while.... :biggrin Thanks for having me on your forum... I only came to ask a question on carbs!

one bike must go to make way for a new project which I will hopefully start next winter. Not sure what it will be yet... time to think, and find something suitable...