Rear caliper query

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Pete.L wrote:How's the super motard running? are you still off roading it?
It'll be another 6 months before he's back to answer that :wink:
Rich.

delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Ben, Pete.

Alrite, been busy, took redundancy last year, did some contract work then ended up leaving that. Got offered a real good job but just couldn't take it. So here I am jobless and looking.

Had a few 640ktm's, still have a special (640 that is) that I am building but aint touched it for over a year (no time). Bought a 950KTM SM last year (for the job that I left, oops) and love it, only 96rwhp but boy does it handle. Not done any byway stuff since the summer last year, plan is to get the 640 done for the winter and if a job don't turn up then can kill some time on the byways.

Have 2 more kids (no more now as that makes five) too and a little girl finally.

Ain't touched a VTR for a few years now apart from Robin1000's which took forever. Think he is selling/sold it now too but if he aint then from what I say of the price it's worth snappingn up for the lump as it has only done 3k and has moriwaki pistons, moriwaki cams, ported heads, close ratio gearbox, modified carbs, low mounted oil cooler with dry break QD couplings (worth £1000 on their own) lots of titanium (inside and out), carbon mounting plates for the carbs, 122rwhp with a full moriwaki system fitted, and the dash is a true oneoff, took weeks to sort out and months waiting for the cnc pods. Oh and secret modified cct's.

Also bought a Vauxhall (well Holden) Monaro 5.7l V8 three weeks ago, mental mental, nearly crashed it a few times but a drifting course is on the way. Upside 350hp 350lbs/ft torque (so far exhaust/remap), LSD, manual, leather - downside 30mpg on a trip to Leyland to see the ginger one (Neilo) errr but about 12-16mpg normal drive=heavy right foot.

Gotto make a long post as have a few years to make up for.

So what do i do, sell the 950 now? or wait see if i get a job, or sell it anyway, supercharge the monaro for £2500+vat and get 540hp with about the same torque (v-temptin) or just wait.

Doing the odd wiring jobs at the mo at a bike builders at brandshatch but don't get much (well about 1/3 of what i should get) but me mate is doing me a favour to keep us ticking over.

Del. (grammma is still sh1t I guess)
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Oh yeah, can also ride alot better now (mind you my boys can probably ride better than me so it aint hard) and can back the 950 into any corner upto about 70mph, can also wheelie through the gears now which aint good for the licence either. See what a ktm does to you - must be the bike I think.

6 months - will have a few more kids by then

Del.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

cupasoop wrote:
Pete.L wrote:How's the super motard running? are you still off roading it?
It'll be another 6 months before he's back to answer that :wink:
:lol: Haa! Ha! :lol:
He's got you there.

Del,
Good to catch up, personally I thought your gramma's improved but who am I to judge :lol:
For a bloke who's filling in between jobs it sure sounds like you've been up to plenty, how do you find time for it all. Bikes, cars and kids my misses would go mad :D
I've always fancied a KTM for mucking around on but I don't think I'd have the bottle to ride it properly I kinda like the feeling of nice firm tarmac under my shoes and not trying to step the back end out on the way into a bend :wink:
I'd love to tell you to sell the 95o and supercharge Monaro. 350 hp sound like fun but 540 would be absolutely f**Kin mental :twisted: but 5 five Kids!!! 8O
five Kids How can I tell a man to go out and spend 2.5k on a car when He just told me he's got five kids in the sentence before 8O . Congrats by the way :wink:

Pete.l
P.S Good luck on the job hunt
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Del,
Its good too hear from you again, sounds like you've been pretty busy with one thing and another :!:
I'm sure something will turn up for you on the job front :!:

Congratulations on the new additions to your family, especially having a daughter, you and your Mrs must be delighted :!: :D

Chris.