Fitting rear pegs over high-mounted exhausts

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Tom87

Fitting rear pegs over high-mounted exhausts

Post by Tom87 »

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a '98 VTR. It came with aftermarket Remus exhausts high mounted which has eliminated the rear pegs.

I considered spacers but the distance they would need to be at least 4.5 - 5 inches to get enough clearance which would provide too much flex to be safe.

Here's what the underside of the exhaust looks like.

Has anyone on here managed to install rear pegs over high mount exhausts and got any tips? I have seen similar situation where someone has installed brackets to the bottom of the peg frame also but could not see what they were fixed to. It's probably gona be a no go but thought I'd ask.

Thanks
Wicky

Re: Fitting rear pegs over high-mounted exhausts

Post by Wicky »

Use tubed spacers with longer bolts.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

Have you ever been a pillion on a firestorm ?
Tom87

Post by Tom87 »

Nope. It's just so I can get my nephew out to places. He's 16 so only allowed a scooter. Gona guess it's not a very pleasant experience? :lol:
Tom87

Post by Tom87 »

Wicky wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 pm Use tubed spacers with longer bolts.
Thanks for that. Don't suppose you know the width dimensions required for the bolts and spacers? I don't have the right sized alan key to take them out and measure until tomorrow. The Haynes manual doesn't give any info on actual bolt sizes from what I can find.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

OEM is 8x22

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 00/2/11510

Best invest in some allen sockets / keys and have a measure to see what length is needed to clear the exhausts. A thread gauge also comes in handy or just take old bolt to a local fixings & fastening dealer, usually on most Industrial sites and they'll sort you out.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Tom87

Post by Tom87 »

Thanks Wicky I'll do that. Having a look online it doesn't look like I'll find a spacer over a couple inches without fabrication.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Tom87 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 pm Thanks Wicky I'll do that. Having a look online it doesn't look like I'll find a spacer over a couple inches without fabrication.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-RO ... 2652347100

Bootle > http://www.majesticengineering.co.uk