Spyper Liz - broken leg

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Spyper Liz - broken leg

Post by Pete.L »

Thanks for the progress report Al :D

Any idea on the expected recovery time for the tendons? I hear they can be worse/take longer than bones to fix :(

As for the blame game, tell the bloke to man up. When riding in group you make your choices and take your chances. Nothing to stop you dropping back and giving everyone space. If he was a better rider he wouldn't have been there and if he wanted to be there it should be knock for knock.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I told her the same pete....... if he was riding that close he was to blame too, and if he was overtaking, then he needs to give more space
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:02 pm Sorry for lack of info.

Latest updates

She was on a club ride and moved to the right to avoid some mud the riders in front had pointed out, but there was a biker too close that she didn't see when she checked her mirrors. So they tangled and the spyder was now heading into the fence, so she jumped off.

Broken tibia on one side, but ruptured tendons in knees on both sides and some barbwire cuts.
She is back home now, but can only go up and down stairs on her butt.

She is more annoyed that the bloke on the bike is now blaming her, when he was riding far too close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update Al.
Glad your sister is home, but it sounds like a painful and lengthy healing time.

Please wish her well in getting better from me,

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks for the update Al wishing her a speedy recovery. If you was in a car behind another car and hit it you would be in the wrong for not leaving enough braking distance, so this should also apply to bikes I would have thought.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

It took about 6 months for my torn tendons to heal.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I always understood that if you got clouted from behind, no matter what, it was the person at the rear that was at fault for not allowing enough room to react. Therefore if this is going to get nasty Liz needs to take legal advice as there could also be a hefty claim to consider for personal injury and financial loss resulting from. Whatever I wish her as quick a recovery as possible
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good point Richard .... I hadn't thought about the option to flip the claim the otherway and Liz to sue him. But if he is starting to play selfish, then the gloves should come off.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

good to see liz is on the mend Al :thumbup: :thumbup: . and as far as iv ever seen whoever is behind is at fault, your meant to leave enough room for the unexpected end off.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Any update? Liz doing OK?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Latest update is that the other biker involved is trying to get Liz charged with dangerous driving and she had 2 local police come round to advise her of the charge.
As the accident was not in their patch they are not the investigating force so if Liz wanted to get any details she has had to chase another division.

Then in the meantime her grandson has brought home a virulent sickness and shitting bug.

This is a copy of her last fb story

Managed not to be sick when policeman called, ,lol , basically report will go to court , take a few months ,either throw it out, or charge with careless riding and points, unlikely to go to court , his word against mine but very likely we both are fined and given 3 points .
Tomorrow I will hopefully be well enough to get down stairs and see how insurance company is getting on because I don't think he deserves any compensation, before he was getting to overtake me he overtook 2 younger new riders, " very close and dangerous, was there comment " then bang he hit me, sounds like speed and not concentrating or reading the road, I could see 3 bikes in front pointing out the mud, why could he not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hope it all goes well for her Al, I would assume he was at fault not leaving enough braking distance, so hopefully it will be in Liz’s favour.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

This is all sh1t the guy is an a***hole he hit her for god's sake. She has witness to say he was riding recklessly, therefore I would consider talking to a solicitor. The Police are not your best friends in a situation like this. It would be interesting to see what his driving record is like.
Best of luck to Liz
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

That sounds like he was riding without due care and attention to me.
Has Liz taken any advise on her part? She was taking avoiding action. I know if I didn't give a push bike enough room when passing and knocked him or her off I would be the one that got prosecuted.
Makes my blood boil. Liz needs to fight back and not wait for some bias Judge who is only going to see it as a group of bikers having a coming together and will probably charge everyone concerned :cry:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear the latest Al :thumbup:

I'm sure Liz could have done without that bug on top of everything else.
Reading Liz's last FB story she's sounds more positive, so that can only be good.

Good luck to her in getting a fair outcome,

Chris.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Yes all my very best to Liz, for a speedy recovery and the right outcome in all of this. Don't think the guy in question would be top of my Christmas card list. The important thing is that Liz gets well as guickly as possible and doesn't get bullied.