Strange knock/misfire at 2500 rpm.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Don71

Strange knock/misfire at 2500 rpm.

Post by Don71 »

Hi all

Just gave my new to me 2006 Firestorm (75000 kms, jardine slip ons, everything else standard as far as I am aware ) a wash and check over to see what needs fixing.

After washing and chamois dry I started it up and ran on the choke for a few minutes until warmed up (maybe 50/60 degrees showing)
After letting the choke back in (it actually slides in of it own accord but that's for a seperate question) I slowly brought the revs up to see that all was ok.

On passing through 2500 rpm on a steady throttle it gets what I can best describe as a knock/misfire on the engine . Seems to hesitate , knock , no backfire or anything.
Seems to be ok below that rpm and also above it on a steady throttle. All this in neutral at standstill.

I'll let the Bike dry completely to see if maybe it's just a hit of water on things down on some of the electrics , but in the meantime , any thoughts please from anyone who may have come across this issue before?

Cheers
Don
Wicky

Re: Strange knock/misfire at 2500 rpm.

Post by Wicky »

When was it last serviced i.e airfilter, spark plugs? check TPS and breakable plastic choke fittings at the carbs, Carb set up

Choke knob has a plastic retainer at the back that can be tightened to increase friction, if it can't replace choke or use Honda special tool

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Gravelrash

Post by Gravelrash »

I'll just say that if you jet washed it then it could be water somewhere it shouldn't be.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds like a carb cough, they all do it, relax.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Don71

Post by Don71 »

Thanks guys for the feedback and info,
much appreciated
Cheers
Don