Re: Hello Storm troopers ! Stoke on Trent

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir, enjoy your stay :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Hi and welcome,

I too are in Stoke on Trent. Park Hall area.
Here is my beast. Love the noise it makes.

thelens

Post by thelens »

Denzil wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:59 am Hi and welcome,

Nice ! I’m just around the corner from you in meirhay :)
I might just hear your bike when you kick her in lol
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 pm welcome along sir, enjoy your stay :clap:
Thanks matey !
I am sure I will and for a few years to come :)
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

thelens wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:03 pm

My Daughter lives on Meir Hay so you will hear me with my Harris Exhausts :D :D :D :D
But welcome on in. Will look out for your beast.
thelens

Post by thelens »

Denzil wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 am
thelens wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:03 pm

My Daughter lives on Meir Hay so you will hear me with my Harris Exhausts :D :D :D :D
But welcome on in. Will look out for your beast.
I probably have already lol
I guess it would be interesting to hear your bike next to mine. I doubt I shall resist the temptation for fitting cans too long.
Ive had a couple of TRX 850s in the past... they sounded awsome !
Greatly miss the paniers on my ST1050, so I kinda think a top box will be my first thing.
Dont want the trouble of having to have a dyno jet fitted ect so will need to know if race cans will make the bike run too lean, first !
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

I will have a little ride around this weekend on it see if you can hear it. I have only had it a month and now i have gone through everything with a fine tooth comb and fixed all of the bodges i am really happy with it. Awesome machine and the noise is well something else.

Keep listening. :D :D :D :D
thelens

Post by thelens »

Denzil wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 am I will have a little ride around this weekend on it see if you can hear it. I have only had it a month and now i have gone through everything with a fine tooth comb and fixed all of the bodges i am really happy with it. Awesome machine and the noise is well something else.

You will have to pop around with it before long. Should be dry tomoz, so will be giving it a good airing out lol
I doubt t you were out today. The only nice day I’ve had so far was the day I rode it home :lol:
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

thelens wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:22 pm
Denzil wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 am I will have a little ride around this weekend on it see if you can hear it. I have only had it a month and now i have gone through everything with a fine tooth comb and fixed all of the bodges i am really happy with it. Awesome machine and the noise is well something else.

You will have to pop around with it before long. Should be dry tomoz, so will be giving it a good airing out lol
I doubt t you were out today. The only nice day I’ve had so far was the day I rode it home :lol:

I will that will be nice. Had a quick run out yesterday about 6pm to get some petrol in it. As its a bit juicy. :beer: :Beer Popcorn:
thelens

Post by thelens »

Denzil wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm

I will that will be nice. Had a quick run out yesterday about 6pm to get some petrol in it. As its a bit juicy. :beer: :Beer Popcorn:
Yes it’s a bit thirsty but not as bad as I thought. I did 240 miles on Sunday. It cost exactly £40. From brimmed tank to brimmed tank on return. I think that =30 mpg. In comparison, my st1050 used £35 for same trip. So an extra £5 over 240 miles.... don’t seem 2 bad :)
Ridden mostly around 5 6 7000 rpm. The biggest difference was having to make two extra fuel stops on the VTR because of the stupid small tank. :D
thelens

Post by thelens »

thelens wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 pm
Denzil wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Yes it’s a bit thirsty but not as bad as I thought. I did 240 miles on Sunday. It cost exactly £40. From brimmed tank to brimmed tank on return. I think that =30 mpg. In comparison, my st1050 used £35 for same trip. So an extra £5 over 240 miles.... don’t seem 2 bad :)
Ridden mostly around 5 6 7000 rpm. The biggest difference was having to make two extra fuel stops on the VTR because of the stupid small tank. :D
Ps.... tried send you my address via pm, but it’s not having any. Says I’ve not posted enough or words to that effect. Bizarre lol
I will send it when I am allowed lol
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Fab.

I too have only posted a few posts and it wont let me either.
Be good to go to the Raven for a brew :beer:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

thelens wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm Ps.... tried send you my address via pm, but it’s not having any. Says I’ve not posted enough or words to that effect. Bizarre lol
Denzil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 am Fab.

Sorry chaps it's down to the forum rules, as below:-

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

The 50 post count applies to sending PM's (Private Messages) as well having full access to the "Sales and Wants" section..

The full forum rules are shown in this link:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054
That link is near the top of the "Welcome Inn" section for anyone to see,

Chris.
thelens

Post by thelens »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 pm
thelens wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm Ps.... tried send you my address via pm, but it’s not having any. Says I’ve not posted enough or words to that effect. Bizarre lol

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

The 50 post count applies to sending PM's (Private Messages) as well having full access to the "Sales and Wants" section..

Chris.
Bizarre seems about right lol
I think trivial covers most my posts :Banned:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

thelens wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:56 pm
sirch345 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Chris.
Bizarre seems about right lol
I think trivial covers most my posts :Banned:
:lol: I think you're okay yet :wink:

Chris.