Supercharged Thruxton R

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Supercharged Thruxton R

Post by VTRDark »

How about this then, a supercharged Triumph Thruxton R in Mori colours. Lots of goodies out for the Thruxtons now that they have been out a few years. Stick some Pistons in along with the Supercharger and you can get up 180bhp. https://www.tts-performance.co.uk/singl ... Thruxton-R

Read All About It Here

I really like this one with the Daytona 675 fairing. I never have liked the cafe racer style front fairing but the way it's done above along with the side fairing looks pretty good, but half fairing....Nah. But I still prefer the look of the more modern and practical styling of the 675.

==============================Enter the Darkside
cheekykev

Re: Supercharged Thruxton R

Post by cheekykev »

I had a test ride on a Thruxton R last year, had it for half a day, I was well impressed with it, it's a real pleasure to ride, and doesn't hang around either.
To be honest it would take some catching on normal country A and B roads.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh you said kev. I'd love to have a go on one I think they are fantastic. The only thing that puts me off them apart from the initial purchase price is that they are not really good for hard luggage for touring and I expect they drink quite heavily. They are a soft luggage style of bike. I'm actually considering one of the new VFR800's for my next bike. Whatever I get has to be practical for both around town and touring and must meet all the new latest emissions requirements. I know the VFR would be a more sensible option but I have this nagging inside of me that draws me towards the Thruxton. Have you seen the new limited edition Thruxton TFC they have just brought out. Very nice but way overpriced.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/tfc
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

They're tiny, way smaller even than a Superdream! and a friend rode his with panniers and tank bag to from the Isle of Man via his Mum's near me all the way to Bulgaria.

https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/reviews ... 200-r-2016

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:48 am How about this then, a supercharged Triumph Thruxton R in Mori colours. Lots of goodies out for the Thruxtons now that they have been out a few years. Stick some Pistons in along with the Supercharger and you can get up 180bhp. https://www.tts-performance.co.uk/singl ... Thruxton-R

Read All About It Here

I really like this one with the Daytona 675 fairing. I never have liked the cafe racer style front fairing but the way it's done above along with the side fairing looks pretty good, but half fairing....Nah. But I still prefer the look of the more modern and practical styling of the 675.

I like superchargers :D An amazing increase in BHP 8) and torque as well.

Thanks for posting Carl (pic's and links) :thumbup:

Chris.

PS. Foggy did well :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Saw my first one out on the road today. It looked really good. Sounded great, held a line well(even in this wind). A youngish lad at the controls. ....I think I hate him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:20 pm Saw my first one out on the road today. It looked really good. Sounded great, held a line well(even in this wind). A youngish lad at the controls. ....I think I hate himImage

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: I know how you feel Pete :silent:

Chris.