Velocity Stacks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lumpyv

Re: Velocity Stacks

Post by lumpyv »

hey darren what are you looking for? low down improvement or top end?. i would have thought altering the sprockets might be the way forward? interesting project with the air intakes though...
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

I've tried both double long and double short set up, I have noticed that when riding with the 2 short ones in the stutter at about 5k has mellowed out a bit, no way near as noticable....as regards the intake noise what are you lot on about?? It's none existant (with my proper exhaust).

Need to get to the dyno to try all 3 "known" set ups (original long/short mix, 2 long, 2 short)...will also try just one short one at the back (would be like chopping both down in size - makes sense to me lol) and no trumpets at all.
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

as regards the intake noise what are you lot on about?? It's none existant (with my proper exhaust).
Mechanically tuned ears my friend. :lol: :lol: If you listen carefully, one can hear the pistons popping away. It's a popping sound like the sound of doing an impression of a fish. No seriously your can must be wombles loud. :lol:
lumpyv wrote:hey darren what are you looking for? low down improvement or top end?. i would have thought altering the sprockets might be the way forward? interesting project with the air intakes though...
I would think that altering the sprockets would do the same/similar thing but altering the intakes affects the tuning (air/fuel) and could smooth out the rpm range at the same time.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

cybercarl wrote:
seriously your can must be ferking loud. :lol:
I'm kinda used to it now, although the misses was a bit pissed off when I came back at about 11 the other night for a "bimble" about lol :thumbup:

Need to get hold of that DB meter again. The one I DL for my phone doesnt seem to work for some reason, its stuck on 120db even in quiet spaces lol
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's probably killed the microphone in the phone. :roll: I have a high/low setting on mine. In the instructions it says not to use the low setting with anything over (certain DB, can't remember what) as it may damage the microphone. There's also a fast/slow option for the speed of the sound and a hold option for holding the maximum db reached.

If your coming along to Al's workshop day I will bring mine along. I could post it to you, but it's a sensitive bit of equipment and I don't think it will take to kindly to being abused by mr postie.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi Lumpy :thumbup: im def looking for low-mid gains (and no, not massive) and iv just fitted new chain and sprockets with 1 tooth dropped off of the front. Add this too the 6mm spacer (rear end lift) iv just fitted and she should seem like a new bike, when next a throw my leg over her :lol:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

VTR1000 Lovers - Felix Dellwood
https://www.felixdellwood.com.au/vtrlovers.html

Printed carbon reinforced velocity stacks
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Swampy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:05 pm VTR1000 Lovers - Felix Dellwood

Now those look very interesting, and I am pleased to see the before and after dyno charts as evidence. Worth the money for the gains, I would have said. Good find!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv seen a few guys on facebook get those units and from reports they seem pleased with them..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

On their way
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I had a fiddle with stacks a few years ago. I increased the radius & heights then I ran them on a rolling road to find out what was what.

I posted my findings on the xrv.org site :thumbup:

https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/varadero/ ... ost1252761
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

There's another guy on the Facebook group playing around with stacks too. Modelled on Kawaskai ones iirc.

I'd forgotten about those Ducati intakes Vara - tidy bit of machining to get them to fit the carbs.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

good read vara , i noticed a good difference in mine even from the seat of the pants when i went from two longs to a long and a short. the motor seems to come on harder at higher revs. i did look into shortening my long stack but i could only shorten it by 3mm before i ran into the problem of the taper then not fitting into the base plate so i left it at that..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Arrived
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Swampy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:05 pm VTR1000 Lovers - Felix Dellwood

Fitted, balanced and run. Butt dyno calibration cert is a bit out of date but I ran out of road still pulling goooood. Still on city gearing (15/43)
Dyno next week.