Best textiles

Best deals in town
BrianC

Best textiles

Post by BrianC »

Im off to motorcycle live and im hoping to score a cheap deal on some new textile jacket and trousers to replace my aged shoei gear.

Any reccomendations please

Brian
grumpyfrog

Re: Best textiles

Post by grumpyfrog »

And you have just gone and opened up a huge debate again.......

Brian, suppose the question should be "what should I not get"?
I must admit I've been very lucky, or just not complaining too much, as so far all of my gear has lasted well.
Wolf: textile Jacket and trousers over 10 years old, still used this year. Waterproofing now non existant.
Polo: from Germany, probably the dryest gear, bulky and warm, 8 years old.
Held Jacket: just had this year. great stuff (had a seam go and they just replaced the full jacket. bloody should have at the cost of it.)

At least you will be ther to try on stuff rather than guessing sizes.
Just buy a brand you recognise and go for it.
NO TASSELS.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
popkat

Post by popkat »

Best textiles Rukka, I saw a bargain set of jacket and trousers the other day, only £1300 8O prices go up from there 8O 8O

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I've got a set of Alpinestars Andes Drystar textiles, they've proved 100% waterproof over a couple of years of use/abuse. My only gripe is they can get a bit steamy above 25C when I'm riding my Pan as the fairing blocks all the airflow so the vents are useless. On a more exposed bike like the VTR or VFR the vents work well.

My advice if you are fastidious about your appearance is to avoid any dayglo colours, they're bright and visible but don't half show dirt, grime and dead insects. Next time up I'll buy grey or black and if I fancy some hi-viz I'll get an over-vest.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150