OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

grumpyfrog

Re: OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Post by grumpyfrog »

Pit me down as a yes for options a, b and c. If you need payment in advance for a let me know if I haven't done so.
If someone has the BBQ up and running I don't mind giving you all food poisoning again.. but carry out sounds grand.
I'm sure we can sort out a beer run when we are there.
I'll pack something different for nightcap....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Put a big yes for me please on options a, b and c.

Happy to follow the crowd on Friday for food and beer.
Thanks
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm a) want bedding & towels [£5 each extra].. some have paid already, but most haven't
b) will want spaces at the gourmet burger night on the Saturday night . they want to know numbers, you will pay on the day. starting 6.30pm and approx. £15 for 2 courses per head
c) will be using the café for breakfast - they just want to know approx. numbers, you will pay on the day.
A Yes- money on its way
B Yes
C Yes

Prefer a take out and beer Friday night as I'm after a Gourmet Burger on Saturday but happy to go with the flow :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
podman

Post by podman »

Already paid for linen and towels but count me in for the burger option please Al.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Hi Al, have you done any routes on plotaroute for the new starting position?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am Hi Al, have you done any routes on plotaroute for the new starting position?
not yet, the main parts of the route will follow the same loops as previous years, just a deviation for the start point. I will do some updates so we can have a few people who are able to lead or backmark if we have to split the groups up due to size.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:46 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am Hi Al, have you done any routes on plotaroute for the new starting position?
not yet, the main parts of the route will follow the same loops as previous years, just a deviation for the start point. I will do some updates so we can have a few people who are able to lead or backmark if we have to split the groups up due to size.
Super.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

2 routes are done and I will post them on the WhatsApp group so the black shirts cant pin us down this yr :lol:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What...and you don't think the authorities can monitor everything that goes down on whatsapp especially now its owned by facebook. :lol: :lol: Feeling a sense of security and getting comfortable is a good way to get caught. You should always assume that there is somone watching and listening in. Treat all communication devices like you would treat posting on the internet whether encypted or not. Don't say anything you not prepared for the rest of the world to see. :wink: Then again there are 100's of 1000's of folk that will happily do their drug dealling openly over a mobile phone and don't get caught...it's a numbers and prioritisation game but it only take's the once before you can become the target.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:11 pm What...and you don't think the authorities can monitor everything that goes down on whatsapp especially now its owned by facebook. :lol: :lol: Feeling a sense of security and getting comfortable is a good way to get caught. You should always assume that there is somone watching and listening in. Treat all communication devices like you would treat posting on the internet whether encypted or not. Don't say anything you not prepared for the rest of the world to see. :wink: Then again there are 100's of 1000's of folk that will happily do their drug dealling openly over a mobile phone and don't get caught...it's a numbers and prioritisation game but it only take's the once before you can become the target.
im shocked that you think we will be breaking ANY speed limits carlos :eek2 :eek2 this is the vtr knitting club you do know... :p
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And look how quickly this was brewed :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTRDark wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:11 pm What...and you don't think the authorities can monitor everything that goes down on whatsapp especially now its owned by facebook. :lol: :lol: Feeling a sense of security and getting comfortable is a good way to get caught. You should always assume that there is somone watching and listening in. Treat all communication devices like you would treat posting on the internet whether encypted or not. Don't say anything you not prepared for the rest of the world to see. :wink: Then again there are 100's of 1000's of folk that will happily do their drug dealling openly over a mobile phone and don't get caught...it's a numbers and prioritisation game but it only take's the once before you can become the target.
It's ok Carlos.... I only posted the first clue on a treasure Hunt,? Then, if you want to find the routes you have to solve the first clue and go to that physical location to get the next clue, and as a protection the location has cctv running and if I don't recognise the people who arrive there, the next clue self distructs

I'm not paranoid :lol:

And it's not like you can't hear us coming from 10 miles away
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:51 am

It's ok Carlos... as a protection the location has cctv running
What happened to the first 21 cct's?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol:

Al - A, B, C for me too. Other nights happy to go with whatever, ride to chippy or other hostelry and back for enjoying the scenery, company, beer and weather.

Can't wait - picking up the storm in a week's time and looking forward to riding it for the first time in 18 months :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Will be coming with my better half Al so I've booked a cabin , can you book two gourmet burgers please and we will both have breakfast . It will be Elka's first time doing any distance so may i ask to back mark the less progressive group mate so she can enjoy the scenery.