w&nkers: speeding= 6 points & £660+court costs

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
fatfreddy000

Re: w&nkers: speeding= 6 points & £660+court costs

Post by fatfreddy000 »

StormyRob wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 pm I know you have a solicitor and all mate.

However, and this is just me thinking

Hard to prosecute someone for failing to identify a driver if there is no proof the offence occurred.

When you say the evidence was seen by experts whay do you mean? Was there initially photographic evidence that is now gone? If there was evidence and it is no longer available that would not be right and personally I would expect to see it.
took you up on that and demanded the photo evidence. in the end they produced it.
oh well, worth a go, still i reckon we look pretty good on the storm..
Attachments
IMAGES X929 ROH 41E15021018 KING Matthew John-1.jpg
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Worth a try mate. At least you know they have the right evidence. You know where you stand
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

cps have now confirmed the the charge will revert back to 2 charges of an sp30 and a s.172.
bad news is if i get done for both thats 9 points and about a grand!
good news is cause there's 2 charges back now i have a chance of plea bargaining for the lesser ad getting just 3 points and £100 fine..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Is that section 172 of the Mental Health Act?
They will need to have two doctors in agreement to give you the points and fine.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it's just a real shame the camera never picked up that stunning paint job... :wink:
fingers crossed for you buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm Is that section 172 of the Mental Health Act?
They will need to have two doctors in agreement to give you the points and fine.
No not mental health act, although I am mental!
S.172 is failing to provide driver ID aka failure to furnish.
The reason being that I never received the penalty notice for the sp30 sspeeding fine as I was in the middle of an address change and forgot to update in time due to being in hospital as my son was ill for 3 months and required brain surgery and also had pneumonia... This is no excuse and not a viable defense though according to my mate whose a sociliter.
Anyway, wombles 'em.
I'm gonna object to it
It's all a revenue making scam with very little to do with making our roads safer..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's all a revenue making scam with very little to do with making our roads safer..
Ooo don't get me started on the polotics of this country and how it's run along with how we are all legally mugged at every corner. They are no better than the street gangs out robbing people. The only differance is one has the law on their side and one does not.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

VTRDark wrote:
Ooo don't get me started on the polotics of this country and how it's run along with how we are all legally mugged at every corner. They are no better than the street gangs out robbing people. The only differance is one has the law on their side and one does not.
Whoops looks like you have started Carlos ImageImageImage🤪🤪Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

I'm over the moon.
for 6 months I've had hanging over me a potential 9 points and £1000 fine plus a S.172 on my licence to up my insurance premium.
lucky i have friend who knows his legal stuff and got another solicitor friend to represent me yesterday in court for free (what a gem).
after all this time and stress the CPS agreed to drop the S.172 if i plead guilty to the speeding offence.
i walked out with 3 points and a £100 fine which is what should of happened last year rather than them trying to persecute me because i was caring for my son in hospital who was having brain surgery when they say i should of responded to the sp30 penalty letter.
Anyway,
Great news, shows that justice can be done, sometimes, if you're sincere, and stand up to them..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

An excellent result, although in my opinion nothing more than you deserved under the difficult circumstances.
Glad it all went in you favour in the end, although what a stressful time all of this must have been.
Lucky having friends in the right department, I'm sure they must have helped :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Result common sense at last. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project