Been away a while

General Biker Banter
TonyW650

Been away a while

Post by TonyW650 »

Hey all,
Been a long time since I've posted on here, must be a good 2 or 3 years away, so how is everyone, anyone I still know around?

I still have the Buell 1125r, and the firestorm, but in a lot of pieces.

Ongoing back issue, if any of you remember had a L5-S1 fusion, but this looks like its become the catalyst for more disc to degenerate.
Still unable to work due to the above issues and associated problems.

Not ridden in almost 2 years, due to the disc issues, going to try again this summer and see what happens.

Just thought I'd catch up with you all and see whos still around.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Kev L

Re: Been away a while

Post by Kev L »

Welcome back Tony, sorry to hear about the ongoing health issues mate. Keep your chin up and hopefully the riding will give you some distraction from your back.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back tony .... although the perhaps we should avoid the use of the word "back" as it sounds like you are still having a nightmare.

hope you manage to get some riding in this year
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wecolme home ( avoids using the B word...)

If you can manage it...viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41844

No worries if not on a Storm other makes & models are catered for...Hahahaha
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome back sir :clap: . pretty much the same people floating about here spending money on bikes :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

great to hear from you buddy, I wish you the best of luck getting your back sorted out, I also have back related issues from my crash in 2010, not as bad as yours tho mate.
fingers crossed you can ride again this summer...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear from you again Tony :thumbup:

Wishing you well with your plan for this summer, I hope it works out for you,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Why's the Buell in pieces? Are you still doing stuff for MAG, any news on that front. We could do with some protests against this new emissions legislation coming to London next year. Sorry to hear about you health issues still ongoing. I know what it feels like having to fight ones own body. :(
==============================Enter the Darkside
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome back, the Buells still in one bit, just havent riden it in almost 2 years, got to insure something or I'll loose my no claims this year on 2 year rule.

The Firestorms spread out over the garage floor, developed a odd ticking noise from the clutch area, literally like a clock, so decided to pull it apart and kind of never stopped, main engine/frame mount had corroded together so had to cut that out, got to drill it out at some point.

Ive stopped doing the MAG stuff, I had a disagreement with the area rep and felt disillusioned by where MAG was going at the time, so I stepped out.
And then they appointed someone as my replacement that was a known bully and had stolen from MAG branch funds in the past so, that was the icing on the cake.

Backs got worse, cervical and thoracic disc are now collapsing, not even sure I will. E able to hold the weight of a crash helmet yet, but will fun out.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk