New Speeding Fines

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
kenmoore

Re: New Speeding Fines

Post by kenmoore »

Welcome to my world,

Points offences similar to yours and huge fines.

All the same B.S !

I have lost my license 3 times due to accumulated points over a 3 year period.

My DMV rap sheet makes me look like a gangster and insurance is a joke because of it.

Revenue is the go and here in Oz Mr Plod is very bike centric.

Once I got booked for speeding when a car was overtaking me ?

Talk about "Fun Police "

The road rules are a joke here and where you are as well.

When is some common sense going to prevail, why are bikes targeted so much ?

Almost enough to give it up,well almost !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i just got wrapped for 41 in a 30 and it cost me £93
Does that mean you only get £93 a week pension :biggrin
Once I got booked for speeding when a car was overtaking me ?
Paint your bike Black and then you can claim that is racism. :biggrin
When is some common sense going to prevail, why are bikes targeted so much ?
I think they have always had a bad rep since films like Easy Rider. The cops probably don't like them because of the freedom one has on them. It's easy for you to make their life difficult if you pull away and filter off through the traffic so they have hard time in a car giving chance. You can easily slip down side streets and back ally's to hide from them. Bikes are also very easily stolen so that gives them more work. Then the latest crimes is bike gangs on stolen bikes doing smash and grabs on shops and peoples iPhones, handbags etc. Were seen as the bad boys.

On the other hand I have had some good experiences with bike cops over here. We're seen as fellow bikers and as long as you don't take the piss they are pretty good unless ones having a bad day. They are usually older and more experienced than the guys that ride around in non traffic cars. Cars from traffic department are often bikers too and more experienced with more important issues. They will be checking your details on the computer anyway. I've had times when I have poodled along behind a bike cop at the speed limit without overtaking him/her, pulled up next to them at the lights and they have said to ignore them and overtake if I want. Often they have more important things to deal with. The only times I have had issues with bike cops is when they assigned to standing at the side of the road with a radar gun which must be one of the most boring jobs for them.

The bigger issue here now is the revenue making speeding camera's catching us, as well as the local council cameras making money if you caught in a bus lane or going through a light just as it changes to Red or something, or entering a box junction. They are really evil some of them with obscure and / or misleading signs that tell you whether you can go in the bus lane or park there or not. In some areas they even design the road layout in such a way to ambush you. They know that most folk haven't got the time and patience to fill out all the paperwork and contest it so they simply pay the fine. To contest it may even include having to go back to the scene and photograph signs and draw diagrams of the road layout etc which may cost more than the fine in time and fuel so it then becomes a matter of principle at our expense. We even have the threat that if you contest something and are still seen as guilty then they will double the fine. If it ends up going to court and your found guilty you have to pay the court fees too. How screwed up is that and they wonder why people get angry with society. But hey..if your rich, have the time and can afford a good legal team they can get you off :roll:
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''The bigger issue here now is the revenue making speeding camera's catching us, as well as the local council cameras making money if you caught in a bus lane or going through a light just as it changes to Red or something, or entering a box junction. ''

Tsk Carlos, '' revenue making speeding camera's catching us'' when your doing something wrong/illegal then... :lol: :lol:

Bus lanes/busses only yeah I can see your point on that one...

Box junctions ? The road traffic act 1974 (IIRC) states that box junctions should be kept clear...i.e. dont enter it unless you can see it's ok for you to make it through without stopping...unless you turning right...???

As for the '' going through a light just as it changes to Red or something'' Well thats just a stupid comment TBH...You think it's OK to jump a red light then do you ?

So your approaching a set of lights which are Green...What happens next ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

we are allowed to use bus lanes on bikes so thats a blessing.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Works well here for bikes, though folk from out off town in their cars get caught out ££££

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Be careful of using bus lanes in london because some boroughs allow bikes in bus lanes and some don't, so check local signs before chancing it if you're a visitor or not sure.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Indeed it differs from one borough to the next.

Mac don't forget that all these things are controlled by lights...sometimes multiple lights and junctions all on top of each other and timed perfectly to catch you out, especially if caught in heavy traffic. It's sh1t like this that causes traffic congestion and then they bring out congestion charges.

I will never forget the day I got caught in Lambeth's biggest revenue maker. That road system is deliberately designed to catch folk out that want to turn left. If you want to turn left you don't follow the road around to the left you go straight on and turn left. It's a right mental head wombles and clever use of human psychology and instinct.

This One :Argue 1: :Argue 1:

And then you have this box junction

Now tell me I'm wrong. If you know the areas then your ready for it but what about all those that don't know and this is just two examples. As for speed cameras you know as much as I do that the majority are set up as revenue makers. What about if your on a dual carriageway in a 50 zone and then they reduce the limit to 40 in a short space of time with a camera tucked awkwardly not quite in sight ready to catch those that missed the sign. They may even change from a 50 to 40 zone multiple times. The law can be as ass just like this 1mph over and your nicked...no consideration for speedo calibration and what if there is a big gust of wind behind you. You fart and your done for speeding. Sorry officer I had to fart :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

clever use of human psychology
Change yourself to fit the environment i.e. learn from the experience so you don't repeat the mistake.

Change your environment to suit you > https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/sep ... rt.ukcrime

If the first two don't work out then it's time to get out of that environment...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tself.html ;-)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:17 pm Indeed it differs from one borough to the next.

Mac don't forget that all these things are controlled by lights...sometimes multiple lights and junctions all on top of each other and timed perfectly to catch you out, especially if caught in heavy traffic. It's sh1t like this that causes traffic congestion and then they bring out congestion charges.

I will never forget the day I got caught in Lambeth's biggest revenue maker. That road system is deliberately designed to catch folk out that want to turn left. If you want to turn left you don't follow the road around to the left you go straight on and turn left. It's a right mental head wombles and clever use of human psychology and instinct.

This One :Argue 1: :Argue 1:

And then you have this box junction

Now tell me I'm wrong. If you know the areas then your ready for it but what about all those that don't know and this is just two examples. As for speed cameras you know as much as I do that the majority are set up as revenue makers. What about if your on a dual carriageway in a 50 zone and then they reduce the limit to 40 in a short space of time with a camera tucked awkwardly not quite in sight ready to catch those that missed the sign. They may even change from a 50 to 40 zone multiple times. The law can be as ass just like this 1mph over and your nicked...no consideration for speedo calibration and what if there is a big gust of wind behind you. You fart and your done for speeding. Sorry officer I had to fart :lol:
Sorry Carl but all these junctions you talk about will be sign posted...If you or other people can't read & understand them...

More importantly with all that waffle you failed to answer the question's I posed from your earlier post...

''As for the '' going through a light just as it changes to Red or something'' Well thats just a stupid comment TBH...You think it's OK to jump a red light then do you ?

So your approaching a set of lights which are Green...What happens next ?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

WTF what is this a driving test :roll: there is obviously an amber light but I don't see how this is relevant. What about the timing of lights. It may not stay on amber for long and what if your caught in traffic and stuck halfway through. I think you need to take your pills as I am vibing withdrawals. :lol: This is London man....most of the time it's gridlocked
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 pm WTF what is this a driving test :roll: there is obviously an amber light but I don't see how this is relevant. What about the timing of lights. It may not stay on amber for long and what if your caught in traffic and stuck halfway through. I think you need to take your pills as I am vibing withdrawals. :lol: This is London man....most of the time it's gridlocked
FYI AMBER means stop. Officaly there are two reasons given as to why you may cross an amber light.

1/ if you have already passed the white line... Therefore if it's green on your approach you know it's going amber next then red. The cameras are timed to go off if you pass it on Red not the amber...Timings on lights do differ throughout the day but are generaly timed to stay on longer on the busier road of the junction...

2/ If you feel that to pull up sharply may cause an accident... Good for claiming a whiplash if as is the norm esp in London that some knob is right on your bootlid who has the same mentality as you appear to have...that its OK to go through an amber light...Not such a good idea if your on your bike...

As for the ''what if your caught in traffic and stuck halfway through.'' Same rule applies as it does for roundabouts...if your exit is not clear don't enter the junction... It's not difficult it's common sense...
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

thats pants i did 48 in a 30 and got 3 points and £100
If you think my attitude stinks ,you should smell my fingers !!
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

on the Happy side of this somebody set fire to a speed camera on the main road into my town in the south west :lol: :lol:
If you think my attitude stinks ,you should smell my fingers !!