Don't rush with the swinging arm
Stand back and have a think
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Wicky

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Wicky »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 pm
Wicky wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm
fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 pm god iv tried pops. i really have . iv tried heat. iv wacked it iv soaked it in sh1t i even got a 3 ton jack at it and its not moving. i cant get in behind it as it goes through the ears and the swingarm and butts up to the crankcases... and i dont want to wreck a frame of damage the crankcases on the engine......the alloy and steel have fell in love with each other... such a cluster but its useless to me as a bike sitting the way it is :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
Carefully cut a slot in the bushing - then try what you've tried before.
what ever its made out of a nuclear bomb wouldnt cut into it plus its way to long to get at to cut.. 8O .

@mac.. no fecking way am i going through all that again. ever lol.....

no im afrid the arm has to die to save the rest of it...sad but its useless as it is..
What does Roger say its made of?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm
fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 pm
Wicky wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Carefully cut a slot in the bushing - then try what you've tried before.
what ever its made out of a nuclear bomb wouldnt cut into it plus its way to long to get at to cut.. 8O .

@mac.. no fecking way am i going through all that again. ever lol.....

no im afrid the arm has to die to save the rest of it...sad but its useless as it is..
What does Roger say its made of?
Unicorn hooves
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

STOP RIGHT NOW take a breather and step back away. Your too angry to do this right now. Mac's advice of getting it to an engineers is a great idea. Let the pro's do their thing even if that means a welding torch.....lots of heat may do the trick. Give Roger a call mate and get some advice. But first things first STOP

And I am sorry to hear about this little incident. Count your blessings as that could have been a whole lot worse. :eek2

Aussie man caves rock :beer: That is the most beautiful man cave I have seen.

Well today I have Sprayed my Frame to go with the swingarm. Giving the bike a major overhaul including respraying the bodywork. I've decided to go with the 3M polish system applied with a DA to get the high gloss mirror finish I'm looking to achieve. Colour will be a 2K Honda Crystal Black NH731P. I'm at the prep stage right now on my panels. Lots of prep and wet n drying.

Amazing the state a bike can get in when not used and sitting for 6 months. And yes the smallest LED indicators ever turned up in the post all the way from Germany today. To give you an idea of the size...you could fit these on a 50 pence coin including the stem and locking nut. :lol: :lol: :lol: When they said mini indicators I thought they meant mini like the Oxford nano ones. They will be going on the bike on the rear. I just hope that they are so bright that it makes up for their size. I think they will be. They are EU approved so should be OK. I'm wondering what mr MOT man will say though. When I take the bike for it's MOT they will think the bike has no rear indicators as they are miniature...actually microscopic would be a better description :lol: At first I thought they maybe made for an RC.

I want some Carbon Fibre wheels but they are ridiculously expensive so will have to wait. I don't really want a 6" rear either if I can help it as I would prefer to run a 180/55. Yes a 180 can be put on a 6" but it's not ideal and at it's limits and 190 would be better. Plus a smaller sized wheel will be a tad lighter :wink: I wish someone made Ti wheel spindles and swingarm bolt. I'd love to get a really light swingarm too :roll:

Carbon Fibre Swingarm
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I made a last minute decision to take her to the Ulster Grand Prix as its about 15 minutes from my doorImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Who's the guy having a dump in the bushes :lol:

Got my fork lowers rubbed down and sprayed. Etched primed my mirrors and put a mis-coat on them. Side fairings I done a bit of filling and rubbing down on them. had to fill the front indicator oval holes as my new indicators are smaller ovals. Just getting ready to put a cheapy (acrylic) coat of Black on the insides to tidy them up and cover the bits of Red they originally where and other bits of rubbish. No point wasting 2k on the insides. Tonight I shall be polishing up my fork stanchions. I may even get some pics up for you in a couple of days. Fooking ell started off being a little job and it's turned into a total refurb. :lol: I'm thinking about rubbing down my top yoke and giving that a quick coat of Hammerite now as well. One thing keeps leading to another.

Anyone know where I can buy a real carbon surround for early model clocks. There used to be a seller on eBay selling them but they are no longer about. I have searched high and low. Nobody sells them. There are late model clocks but no early. I'm considering buying a sheet of Carbon and making my own. I can do the whole lot then. A bit of a faff though.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:17 pm Who's the guy having a dump in the bushes

Unfortunately its in the middle of nowhere so at one point everyone has to take a dump in the hedge!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:17 pm Who's the guy having a dump in the bushes :lol:

Got my fork lowers rubbed down and sprayed. Etched primed my mirrors and put a mis-coat on them. Side fairings I done a bit of filling and rubbing down on them. had to fill the front indicator oval holes as my new indicators are smaller ovals. Just getting ready to put a cheapy (acrylic) coat of Black on the insides to tidy them up and cover the bits of Red they originally where and other bits of rubbish. No point wasting 2k on the insides. Tonight I shall be polishing up my fork stanchions. I may even get some pics up for you in a couple of days. Fooking ell started off being a little job and it's turned into a total refurb. :lol: I'm thinking about rubbing down my top yoke and giving that a quick coat of Hammerite now as well. One thing keeps leading to another.

Anyone know where I can buy a real carbon surround for early model clocks. There used to be a seller on eBay selling them but they are no longer about. I have searched high and low. Nobody sells them. There are late model clocks but no early. I'm considering buying a sheet of Carbon and making my own. I can do the whole lot then. A bit of a faff though.

pictures pictures pictures
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

StormyRob wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 pm
VTRDark wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:17 pm Who's the guy having a dump in the bushes

Unfortunately its in the middle of nowhere so at one point everyone has to take a dump in the hedge!
Dyke shiters :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ok OK here's a few teasers. I shall take some pics of the bike tomorrow.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ok boys.. well i contacted Roger. bad news was the bushes should have been a slide in fit 8O . but dear knows when they last saw the light of day...i walked away from it,done a lot of thinking and went and bought 2 packs of stainless cutting discs for the grinder :roll:

its taken 11 discs,best part of about 6 hours and iv more cuts on my hands than a thing with cut hands and the result is..

here we have one UNHARMED spondon swinger :D :D :D :D :D :D
i can now get the bushes pressed out over the winter. nerve wrecking to say the least but no damage to swinger or frame..

hand on heart if id have known the sh1t this bike was gona put me through id never have started :clap: ..

so for now im running the braced arm and using storm wheels which im happier with.

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Today I got a mis-coat on my tank and side fairings so I can see the imperfections fill and then back to wet n drying ready for the 2k basecoat and lacquer. I shall have to see what it look like but I may give it another coat of this acrylic black first as it makes a good undercoat. It will obviously need wet n drying again before applying the 2k basecoat.

Not bad for a quick coat :thumbup:

And here how the bike looks now :lol:

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Oh that frame looks fantastic! Good work mate.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the frames looking very smart carlos, something to do with the prep and masking........ :wink:
it'll start coming together once the bodyworks painted.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Fell off it.

Before anyone gets worried about a damaged Firestorm it was my mountain bike I fell off - a few scratches but nothing terrible. Me on the other hand. I have a nice big hole in my elbow and bruised ribs that are starting to feel more like cracked ribs. I'm getting too old for this.