what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Virt »

I was in a rush to get a photo before leaving, I'm so sorry that I cannot meet your lofty standards.

Yeah CBR600F Sport, cracking little bike

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

YMV,
What year is that? looks nice.
Always fancied a go one as they are supposed to be a right hoot.
Is this you back to 1 bike, or starting a collection?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Virt

Post by Virt »

2002, bike is in immaculate condition and has some nice extras (full akra system, for example)..

It's the only bike I own currently but I am also borrowing a KTM Duke 200 at the moment so a collection is kinda forming.. tbh I just needed to be rid of the GS as I could barely use it anymore, getting that around Birmingham was a horrific experience and that's where most of my riding is now. The extra riding I do the GS was fine for, country roads and motorways for family/friend visits, but there are bikes that can do everything I need in one package for much cheaper so I bought one.. was strongly debating getting a firestorm again but couldn't find any nice late model ones that were well priced after a few cursory searches.

I also needed something that would actually get me back into biking anyway as it's been a chore lately rather than a pleasure

Virt

Post by Virt »

And it is definitely a right hoot, the power picks straight up from about 5k onwards and just doesn't stop. Genuinely surprised me every time I thought I was in the wrong gear only to find the bike didn't care

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The earlier 600s were lovely. Unburdened with emissions crap. Those Honda 600s were the bees knees.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Virt wrote:Picked it up and rode it 100 miles home, would have been a much more enjoyable if half the bloody M6 wasn't 40/50mph roadworks!ImageImage

Nice one YMVirt, I must admit I was surprised to see you with one of these little beauties :thumbup: (yes I did see why you have changed bikes :) )
It sounds like, and looks a very nice example,

Chris.
Watty

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Watty »

Virt wrote:Picked it up and rode it 100 miles home, would have been a much more enjoyable if half the bloody M6 wasn't 40/50mph roadworks!ImageImage

Bulletproof little bike, good on ya Virt :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

I nearly ended up with an early CBR600 as well when i was looking for a Storm Virt, I bought a 2001 example Winter 2016 as a first big bike for my Mrs and she loves it, as did I the frist time I took it out for a ride, they are so light , flicakble , comfy and well suspended its untrue....and a bit of a bargain

there is nothing between them and the storm in a straighline, I only ended up with a storm because I needed something more torquey /lazier for 2 up work and they are even cheaper Vs the 600 but you couldnt be disappointed with a nice example as yours appears.

[url]Image
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

everything you have is Mint Podders, inc the missus :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Not going to lie, I was expecting a piss taking for defecting to things with the same amount of cylinders as Mac has thumbs... Thanks for not doing that guys ;D

I had a go on one years back and fell in love then, it's a shame it's taken me so long to get one..

Although regarding there being nothing between it and a storm in a straight line, I'm not sure. It might be because I've not ridden a storm in... A while... But this definitely feels much faster to respond and reach high speeds so far, anyone fancy lending me a bike and letting me test that? :D

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

pop down, i will kick ya butt on a tall bike :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Virt wrote:Not going to lie, I was expecting a piss taking for defecting to things with the same amount of cylinders as Mac has thumbs... Thanks for not doing that guys ;D

I had a go on one years back and fell in love then, it's a shame it's taken me so long to get one..

Although regarding there being nothing between it and a storm in a straight line, I'm not sure. It might be because I've not ridden a storm in... A while... But this definitely feels much faster to respond and reach high speeds so far, anyone fancy lending me a bike and letting me test that? :D

It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Virt wrote:Not going to lie, I was expecting a piss taking for defecting to things with the same amount of cylinders as Mac has thumbs... Thanks for not doing that guys ;D

Yep, turn up to Brum run what you brung and we'll have a swap round.
On my choice of course, obvs

It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigtwinthing wrote:pop down, i will kick ya butt on a tall bike Image

I meant another bike for me to ride and do a seat of pants comparison Image
tony.mon wrote: Yep, turn up to Brum run what you brung and we'll have a swap round.
On my choice of course, obvs
And I was definitely thinking of a storm not an SP, I've not got a real race bike so why should it compete against one? Image

uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Nice bike mate and good to see you back on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk