Proper fecked or...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Eclectic

Proper fecked or...

Post by Eclectic »

Howdy folks,

Finally found some more time to work on the bike. Stripping the carbs to plop in my ultrasonic cleaner that I picked up (they are bloody cheap now, 3 liter tank for £68).

Anyways, before she got laid up I'd taken her to a local guy to set her up, to which after 8 weeks in his care he failed miserable (track electronics in Rackheath, Norwich).

Well, the bike didn't run very well when I left his, and we left on fairly bad terms so there wasn't any going back, it's part of all the crap that got on top of me and made me lay the bike up.

Anyways, slowly following the following guide viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25177 to take the carbs apart, but open opening the slide cover, on the rear carb the spring was already a mess (might of jumped as soon as I took the cover off!?) But a wee little tab of plastic fell out and there was no obvious place it could come from.

Following the steps to pulling the needle and it's obvious where the tag came from....

I'm guessing this is now knackered, and possibly the culprit to poor running (very boggy post 5k rpm), looking in the hole it came from there's three tiny holes and this tag covered one of them.

A picture speaks a thousand words. Presuming a it's knackered, can anyone tell me what it's called so I can purchase another, please?

Cheers,
Nige

Ps, hoping to be ready for the storm meet in Birmingham
Wicky

Re: Proper fecked or...

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Eclectic

Re: Proper fecked or...

Post by Eclectic »

Excellent, thank you.