what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Kev L wrote:
agentpineapple wrote: keep riding through france and into spain, there's always a room for you at mine mate
After 30 miles he'll be in a Nissan Micra Marty! :wave:

Sorry Kev made it this time on the bike.

In fact it went peachy. this time we did the west side down to St mala and Dinard etc, We ended up in Vannes bloody wonderful and £39 each way on the boat. lovely Hotel Sat night too, drinking Grey goose and Pimms on the balcony. total of 570 miles 3 tank full of juice and a bit left too. France has some beautiful places to go too.

Planning a biggie for sept. :clap:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad you had a good time mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

800 miles over the weekend at DevonStorm III
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

realised MR honda is a total Hippo :clap: .. needed two nuts for the new exhaust studs on the yellow girl. oh yeah MR Honda had to pick the oddest size on the planet. drove all round Belfast trying to get them..ggggggrrrrrrr ended up having to order them..M7? who uses fecking M7 nuts these days..

this rant was brought to you by a hot sweaty man in a car... :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just wind in an M8 bolt, hacksaw the head off, file the end square and give it a chamfer, then use an M8 nut.

Leave the nut halfway down the bolt when tightening it and before cutting the head off, then unscrewing it cleans the thread for you.

It's much easier, and quicker....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote:Just wind in an M8 bolt, hacksaw the head off, file the end square and give it a chamfer, then use an M8 nut.

Leave the nut halfway down the bolt when tightening it and before cutting the head off, then unscrewing it cleans the thread for you.

It's much easier, and quicker....
i had to leave the bike with the man who fixes things i cant, i had tried every drill bit known to mankind and couldnt get the dam things out :eek2 . nuts should be here wednesday so thats the yellow girl back on the road..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Okay not today but yesterday, I took my bike for a ride-out after doing the valve clearances and putting it all back together. While I had the fairing off I dropped the yokes down the forks legs 2mm more. That was to compensate for having less weight over the front-end from my Renthal handlebar conversion. I have to say it worked a treat, the handling is now almost back to how it was before with the Honda standard clip-on handlebars :D
bigtwinthing wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:
Kev L wrote: After 30 miles he'll be in a Nissan Micra Marty! :wave:

Sorry Kev made it this time on the bike.

In fact it went peachy. this time we did the west side down to St mala and Dinard etc, We ended up in Vannes bloody wonderful and £39 each way on the boat. lovely Hotel Sat night too, drinking Grey goose and Pimms on the balcony. total of 570 miles 3 tank full of juice and a bit left too. France has some beautiful places to go too.

Planning a biggie for sept. :clap:
Glad you had a good time and got back safely, also pleased to hear the bike went well this time :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to someone else's"bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Got Vanstubs Black Donkey through it's MOT with the help of Custard Crumbles rear wheel. Lets just say the tyre on BD was a little on he thin side...

He's happy he has a bike back.

I'm happy the pile of poo is out of me way hahahaha... :wink:

He's gone home on it this arvo only to bloody return to pick his car up....

In fact hes just pulled up...I'm off...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

finished getting the yellow girl back on the road....both my bitches up and running :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

And had the first spin on the yellow girl since last year :eek2 ... i had it in my head i was gona sell the yellow one but iv since slapped myself and realised why iv owned it for over 4 years...its staying...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote:And had the first spin on the yellow girl since last year :eek2 ... i had it in my head i was gona sell the yellow one but iv since slapped myself and realised why iv owned it for over 4 years...its staying...
how much of a difference do the dymag wheels make rob?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well the yellow one has high bars on it but the blue one still steers lighter and faster so im guessing the wheel weight has a lot to do with that.....

but god the yellow one is still fun in a LC350 outa roundabout type way :clap: :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Put the wheel back in Custard after it's heroic loan out period to Vanstubs Black Donkey MOT run.

After claning all the crap off the swingarm, adjusters, chain, & sprocket carrier...

Took the speedo sensor off steves bike he had said speedo wasnt working in 4th gear...???

Plan was to check the conentions for corroision...I found that the bolt with the earth strap was loose, so it may have been not fully earting out...

All cleaned, bolted back up nice & snug..run it up on the padock stand, through the gears & it all seemed to work...A road test will prove me wrong...
podman

Post by podman »

God work Mac...what would people do without you?!

Today I fitted my Renntec rack and top box today, bit of fiddly PITA , made worse by the chavvy tat pyramid plastics undertray , it sure aint sexy but after trying all forms of luggage/bodges over the years, my middle aged-ness means nowadays practicality outweighs the aesthetics!

[url]Image

[url]Image
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote:God work Mac...what would people do without you?!

Today I fitted my Renntec rack and top box today, bit of fiddly PITA , made worse by the chavvy tat pyramid plastics undertray , it sure aint sexy but after trying all forms of luggage/bodges over the years, my middle aged-ness means nowadays practicality outweighs the aesthetics!

[url]Image

[url]Image
throw a bag of sand in the top box, and you've got a wheelie machine.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!