Front Wheel Bearings

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VU2

Front Wheel Bearings

Post by VU2 »

Replaced rears with no problem, couple of years ago (they needed doing) - figured should do front before too long - maybe should have left it a bit longer!

Can't seem to get enough of an edge under spacer to knock out front wheel bearings. Whilst they don't feel particularly worn (30k) have now been lightly 'tapped' as much as drift would stay in contact.

There doesnt seem to be anything wedging the spacer in anyway - just a particularly close fit

Any suggestions (that the Mrs hasn't made already)

Thanks
VTR Phoenix

Re: Front Wheel Bearings

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Use a big rawl bolt then from the other side a drift on the middle.of the bolt and hit it.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Get something in there to knock/prise/move the spacer thats sits in between the bearings out of the way. That done you should have enough room to get a drift on the edge of the bearing...It should be faily easy to move...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

try going in from the other side [I am sure your wife didn't offer this suggestion :lol: ]

I cant remember if it is also on the front wheel, but on the rear the cast feature that centralises the spacer is not in the middle of the wheel, so one side is hard to move off center, the other side is easier.
AMcQ
VU2

Post by VU2 »

Thank you gentlemen, an element of all three suggetions solved the problem.
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

I've got something like this from the days when I worked 'on the tools', makes motorbike wheel bearing removal so much easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inner-Bearing ... SwyQtVkkJk
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!