Cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
reddragon

Cans

Post by reddragon »

Hi guys I bought a storm a year ago of a friend and it came with a set of link pipes no cans.so I bought a set of remus grand prix of ebay but they don't fit the outlet is bigger than the link and the cans are designed for springs does anyone know where I can get the links or get mine converted?? Cheers
Wicky

Re: Cans

Post by Wicky »

You could try to get a adapter made up or see if there's anything suitably sized readily available looking in ebay / google - otherwise get a pair of cans and link pipes for the storm as an item together, as you've found can & link pipes are not all standard mix & match.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60mm-to-51mm- ... SwzgBYy8UA

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MHP-Exhaust ... 10/photos/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

do you know what the internal diameter of the Remus cans are?
I had the same issue, ended up getting a spacer machined that took up the gap. slipped over the link pipes then Remus over them, ok slight gap to look at, but secure enough and didn't leak.
Sure I've still got a bit in the cave somewhere.
Check what you have and I will post it up to you, or if you have anyone going into Inverness I can leave it somewhere for them to pick up next week.
Either that or you can get various step pieces, but you had better be good with the welder to get them correct.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
reddragon

Post by reddragon »

thanks for the advice guys im going to go some new pipes. ps sorry for delay was going through a devorce