Firestorm for sale... SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

Shauned71

Firestorm for sale... SOLD

Post by Shauned71 »

Just thought i'd throw it out there just in case anyones knows of someone looking for a storm.. or for any new members passing by... Firestorm 2000 Just under 24k miles MOT Sept

Bought last August (ish) with the sole purpose of keeping me on 2 wheels and seeing through to summer but between lack of room and the fact keeping the bike is not helping in anyway when it comes to finding the enthusiasm needed to crack on with other projects it time for her to go. As it happens illness has meant I haven't used the bike as much as I hoped but on the times I have, the bike has been faultless.

Besides manual ccts bike wants for nothing. Pads, discs, chain etc etc all have low miles on them and plenty of life left. Good amount of tread on tyres. All fluids checked/topped up or refreshed. In general a nice original bike with only a few minor extras those being smaller indicators, the stickers (removable) braided brake/clutch lines and going by the condition, not too long ago black powder coated wheels.
Finned R/R fitted. Headers have recently been off for cleaning so no near future worries there (new clamps and gaskets fitted) and the fork lowers have recently been freshened up. Looking at the photos from my end the paint looks a bit faded/pinky... she ain't. Paintwork is still rich and shiny.

Being picky... a slight bit of clutch rumble but nothing I haven't heard on every other storm I have ridden and a small crack behind the left indicator which can't be particularly obvious seeing as it took me 6 months to spot it.

£1600.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shauned71 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Re: Firestorm for sale

Post by Kev L »

Looks a good'un mate. Good luck with the sale :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Drop Bazza a PM he has a mate looking for one... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice fit looking storm..glws...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Good clean looking bike. Glows.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Thanks all.. and cheers Mac i'll drop him a line :thumbup:

It is a nice unmolested bike and in the right hands would come up lovely. It's the silly things that do it for me.. it has both the lower fairing brackets that go under the rads.. every other storm I have looked at has had them missing.. The undertray is all intact.. in fact there's still a factory sticker (don't know what it's for though) on the tray under the number plate. If I didn't have newer.. there be no way i'd part with this one.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Not going to give too much away, that's for them to do if, as and when etc but just in case anyone else is interested in my storm or if by chance anyone new comes along... spent an hour on the phone chatting to another member about my bike earlier this evening.. nice guy, keen and certainly sounds genuine. Been over all details regarding the bike and they are happy that it's what they want.. with the bike being nicer in the flesh than the photos suggest I am confident that they will be happy when they see it so I have given them first dibs and will be holding on to the bike until early next week to give the them a chance to pop over and take a look.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shauned71 wrote:Not going to give too much away, that's for them to do if, as and when etc but just in case anyone else is interested in my storm or if by chance anyone new comes along... spent an hour on the phone chatting to another member about my bike earlier this evening.. nice guy, keen and certainly sounds genuine. Been over all details regarding the bike and they are happy that it's what they want.. with the bike being nicer in the flesh than the photos suggest I am confident that they will be happy when they see it so I have given them first dibs and will be holding on to the bike until early next week to give the them a chance to pop over and take a look.
:thumbup:

I know who...I mentioned it to him & he PM'd me to say he's having a look...My lips are sealed... :silent:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

MacV2 wrote:
I know who...I mentioned it to him
Thank you Mac :thumbup:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Tinker tinker tinker... little bit more cleaning and fresh brake fluid (that was the only thing I hadn't done :oops: ) because I was bored today... should be doing this to my bike but waiting until I got a tad more room.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murv

Post by Murv »

Looks lovely mate, a set of fruity micron stainless cans and that will be the perfect bike for somebody :thumbup:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I thought this had sold.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I thought this had sold.
Sale pending...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 34#p442173
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I thought this had sold.
All being well tomorrow.. and failing that Tuesday :mrgreen: Had a guy on the phone yesterday... actually he had texted, emailed and phoned in a short space of time but I was in asda shopping with no signal. Sounded very keen, had a van ready and wanted to come today.. He sounded quite upset when I said I was holding bike til Monday.. He explained that his mate (also a storm owner) had been on the look out for him but somehow hadn't spotted my ad sooner... Felt quite bad for the guy.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Bike has sold and gone to pastures new, yea :Woohoo1:

On the other hand.. I know don't have a bike to ride, Boo :end:
Will be confining myself to the mancave in order to remedy the problem :mrgreen: