The Murvmobile

General Bike chat
MacV2

The Murvmobile

Post by MacV2 »

Spotted on farcbarf...

He looks happy enough, apparently he made it home as well...this time... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Re: The Murvmobile

Post by VTRDark »

Fooking ell it's got spokes. I'd kill that in a day going around a few corners, but what's even more worrying is the resemblance. I thought Mac had grown a beard again. :lol: Are you sure he's not your brother.....quick count the fingers.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:Fooking ell it's got spokes. I'd kill that in a day going around a few corners, but what's even more worrying is the resemblance. I thought Mac had grown a beard again. :lol: Are you sure he's not your brother.....quick count the fingers.
:lol: :lol:

Oi hang on...I don't know who should be more offended by that Carlos...!

+ I don't have a beard now it went weeks ago... :Tongue1:
Murv

Post by Murv »

:lol:

and here it is in all it's glory 8)
And, no, I wasn't down there to dump it in the river!

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Looking great Murv! :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like it. It's funny how they are making modern day classics. Marty and myself saw one, not one of them but similar and bigger cc, outside Metropolis and it was truly beautiful but way too expensive.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

does it have Loctite as part of the owners toolkit?
AMcQ
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I did 1500 miles on one of those in The Himalayas in 2014. Absolutely brilliant for those "roads" and conditions. I used to think they were an anachronism but they are surprisingly good in their own way and have a real old world charm, like a Moggie Minor.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

baycat

Post by baycat »

will it pull a wheeley
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Having owned a good number of British bikes in the past, your new ride looks good to me :D
The only thing I find hard not to notice is it has a disc front brake,

Chris.
Murv

Post by Murv »

Thanks all!

No, no loctite included, but I've been reliably informed that all the nuts and bolts that rattle out get replaced FOC at the first service!
I very much doubt it would wheelie, I'm sure it's possible, but not with me at the helm!

Sirch, I must admit I'm quite glad it has a disk, I'm still struggling to accept the drum brake on the rear :lol:
The 2017 models now have ABS to comply with Euro 4 regulations and (I think) a disk on the rear as well but could be wrong on that.
It's certainly a bit of an oddball, very much 1950's but with a modern take on things. It is fuel injected, but needs throttle to start and even has a choke lever which does something to the ECU and results in a fast idle (apparently, I haven't quite mastered the cold starts yet without the decompressor keep stalling it!)

I'll be glad when it's finally run in, riding a very slow bike very slowly is a bit tedious!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Murv wrote:Thanks all!

No, no loctite included, but I've been reliably informed that all the nuts and bolts that rattle out get replaced FOC at the first service!
I very much doubt it would wheelie, I'm sure it's possible, but not with me at the helm!

Sirch, I must admit I'm quite glad it has a disk, I'm still struggling to accept the drum brake on the rear :lol:
The 2017 models now have ABS to comply with Euro 4 regulations and (I think) a disk on the rear as well but could be wrong on that.
It's certainly a bit of an oddball, very much 1950's but with a modern take on things. It is fuel injected, but needs throttle to start and even has a choke lever which does something to the ECU and results in a fast idle (apparently, I haven't quite mastered the cold starts yet without the decompressor keep stalling it!)

I'll be glad when it's finally run in, riding a very slow bike very slowly is a bit tedious!
Yeah but you should be used to that after all you did have a silver Storm...
podman

Post by podman »

Very nice mate, my Dad nearly went for one of these, just because of the look, nice tool for smoking around on when the mood takes ya..