One car I can afford next year which one?

General Biker Banter
RedStormJ

One car I can afford next year which one?

Post by RedStormJ »

Lamborghini diablo
ferrari 348
or
Lotus Esprit.

I own an audi a8l second generation before the rounded style and plan on keeping it along with an 84 towncar in the us. But I have always wanted a ferrari or an esprit.
The esprit has been a dream car since the movie pretty woman. I can either get the horrible 2.2l or the terrible v8
which ever and I plan on immeadiatley tossing the gearbox in favor of a porsche unit or just putting in custom cryotreated gears. They had a nasty habbit of blowing up.
Its not like im rich I would buy this instead of a new car. They are all in the similar price except the diablo thats a bit more but not much.

So unless someone can talk me out of it I thinks it will be a lotus. The ferrari Id have to buy soon as its for sale near by. Ijust think the ferrari would be horribly expensive to keep.
uk13iker

Re: One car I can afford next year which one?

Post by uk13iker »

Great choice of cars don't think you would be disappointed with either. I'm Sure the Diablo is almost double the cost of the other 2 at least here in the uk it would be. Always wanted an esprit but think they are now out of my price range pretty sure they have doubled in price over the last 8-10 years. Ferrari is stunning and the Diablos Sound amazing as do the other 2, if I could pick one the Diablo would probably just take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

buy an Atom, and smile ya butt off. £26k and worth every penny.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:buy an Atom, and smile ya butt off. £26k and worth every penny.
But no roof or doors !!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

lloydie wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:buy an Atom, and smile ya butt off. £26k and worth every penny.
But no roof or doors !!!
may as well have a bike at least it leans the right way in corners and you won't gt stuck in traffic :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

In the uk they say that Lotus is an abbreviation of Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.Go for the Ferrari,will more than likely work out the same expense wise.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Can you fit inside one? I simply couldn't get inside an Esprit and the Ferrari was next to impossible as well. They are built for little people. Don't know about the Diablo.

I got a Porsche 928S4 instead. Built for obese Germans. Fitted me a treat. Fab car.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

KermitLeFrog wrote:I got a Porsche 928S4 instead. Built for obese Germans. Fitted me a treat. Fab car.
nice one, these went very high in price in last three years. Friend of mine desperately wants one, but what was affordable before two years, is today crazy expensive. Good investment :D
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

I've just bought Audi A8L D3 and I know why you don't want to sell it :wink: I just love the sound of 4.2 V8. My vote will be for Diablo as it was my dream car as a kid.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You list them cars and then say your not exactly rich :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You don't know the meaning of poverty if that's the case. I've always taken a shine to the Esprit ever since the James Bond movie. If I had a choice of any car and could afford it I would like an old corvette stingray or an original AC Cobra. The only thing is I don't have the roads to appreciate them on.

==============================Enter the Darkside