KTM RC8

General Bike chat
simo

KTM RC8

Post by simo »

Anybody know anything about the KTM RC8. I know they're a bit radical for an old fart like me,but I really mis a Vtwin after selling my Storm two years ago. I would be interested in any comments. Thanks in advance.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
VTR Phoenix

Re: KTM RC8

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I know they had an issue with a chocolate tranny.

riding position all on the wrists and butt in the air. I like them but don't know if I would have one.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ugly headlight and early models have weak gearboxes iirc, not sure how they're aging tho, i had a chat with a guy at brands who had a brand new one that he was doing a trackday on, a real weapon and not far off being a race bike
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I know they had an issue with a chocolate tranny.

riding position all on the wrists and butt in the air. I like them but don't know if I would have one.
I had an issue with a chocolate tranny once. That was all on the wrists with my butt in the air, but no motorcycles were harmed on that occasion! :oops: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Kev L wrote:

I had an issue with a chocolate tranny once. That was all on the wrists with my butt in the air, but no motorcycles were harmed on that occasion! :oops: :lol:

Now I'm wondering if you just made that up or it really did happen, that would explain the blue lol
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

a bloke I know chopped his in for gsxr 1000 .

said he wanted something more sensible . reckoned it was very lairy ..
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I spent two weeks astride one when they first came out in 2008 and quite enjoyed it. A great all-around performer, I especially liked its adjustable ergonomics which makes it comfortable and practical in the real-world.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Get yourself a sorted second gen Ape RSVR. Its what I went to after the Storm. First impressions where oh it doesn't have that much poke, until you realise it revs past 11k 8O . Handling is a lot sharper than the storm but you'd expect that.
podman

Post by podman »

Have you ridden one?

I think Bike magazine did a feature on ergonomics a couple of years back and the RC8 had a roomier position than the VFR1200 and a later GSXR1000 had more legroom than the VFR too. My 2008 GSXR1000 was a far better tourer than my Hayabusa

Some modern sportsbikes offer decent ergos as they know the average biker age has risen somewhat in recent years..never judge a book by the cover..
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ask how much a FULL Service is at the Dealers. WP suspension is great , they look amazing but i think there are better options, if i could ride one with that riding position id have a Duke
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!