Insurance Recommendations?

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Insurance Recommendations?

Post by Mav617 »

Hi all,

After many years with Bennetts I blew my fuse earlier with them and cancelled my policy on the spot. I recently switched my Current account from TSB to HSBC and there was ome kind of bank rock-up, resulting in Bennetts not being paid on the 11th of last month (or SAGA as they now show up on my statement, which I was never told about) So, I spoke to a lady and set up a new DD and the payment went as normal on the 25th of October - sorted. Today, I receive a very snotty letter, threatening dire consequences due to missed Direct Debit payment. So I rang again and after being on hold for 10 minutes get through to "Wayne" who couldn't have been more unhelpful if he'd tried and said that no payments had been made so I hung up on him. I rang back, the new operator confirmed the payment had gone through but that they would have to create new DD - at which point I told him to cancel the lot as I was fooking annoyed with them.

So, any recommendations? Are MCE any good, or Carole Nash?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
alanfjones1411

Re: Insurance Recommendations?

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I'm with mce £92:00 fully comp.Excess is a lumpy £850:00 though.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:I'm with mce £92:00 fully comp.Excess is a lumpy £850:00 though.
Cheers Alan, that is a lumpy excess!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Hastings Direct coming out best so far at £124 a year fully comp.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MCE were a pain to deal with when I had my accident back in 2013...

With Carol Nash now.

Had a policy with Hastings prior to that sacked them when the premium shot up at renewal time...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

alanfjones1411 wrote:I'm with mce £92:00 fully comp.Excess is a lumpy £850:00 though.

mce are good un oil you cancel or claim.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
artee

Post by artee »

Try Peter James insurance.
I have my storm and a highly modified vfr with them.
83 beer tokens for comp cover and a very small excess.

Roger
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Post deleted

I deleted my post after reading "is our site safe" post.
Last edited by alanfjones1411 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

artee wrote:Try Peter James insurance.
I have my storm and a highly modified vfr with them.
83 beer tokens for comp cover and a very small excess.

Roger
Cheers Roger, but I'd already gone with Hastings by the time I saw this!

Rog
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

If anyone else reads this, BeMoto are worth a call. They are genuine bikers and do their upmost to help you. :thumbup:

MCE are a nightmare, no one has a clue what the hell is going on. Rang them about 15 times for various reasons when sorting this policy, spoke to 15 different people who were all looking at seemingly different information :thumbdown: Never again.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

TravisZack wrote:If anyone else reads this, BeMoto are worth a call. They are genuine bikers and do their upmost to help you. :thumbup:

MCE are a nightmare, no one has a clue what the hell is going on. Rang them about 15 times for various reasons when sorting this policy, spoke to 15 different people who were all looking at seemingly different information :thumbdown: Never again.
Have heard Hastings tend to bang up the price on renewal so will bear that in mind for next year. Never be using Bennetts again that is for sure.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Post deleted

I deleted my post after reading "is our site safe" post.
Ha ha Yes it's always worth a little reminder as it's easy to speak freely online and forget about the possible consequences. It's good to be aware of things. Insurance companies are a nasty evil bunch and can use dirty tactics. And the worst thing of all is that we have no choice and are forced into having to purchase insurance for various things. Ironically I am one of the worst offenders for speaking my mind but am beyond help and couldn't care less if they locked me up. What's important to me is to inform others so they can be made aware and make an informed decision for themselves. Spread the knowledge to enough people and then the power of the people may be able to change things hopefully for the better. I also have no intention of ever making a claim which is when they really start to look into and investigate things to find loopholes to worm themselves out. I will simply cut my losses and move on so the cheaper the better is all I require. As long as I am legally covered that's all I'm interested in.
==============================Enter the Darkside