what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

I used my 20tonne garage press to press the juice out of 5 boxes of apples. A sledgehammer to crack a nut!!!!! but I now have 3 gallons of dark murky liquid that may or may not ferment and become slightly drinkable...... what could go wrong!?
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now I like the sound of that Al but you will need some yeast I think to start the fermentation and convert the sugar into alcohol. Otherwise it will be like drinking rotten Apple juice. Try and acquire and old oak barrel too to get a little extra flavour. I've been thinking about making some home brewing. I gave it a go when I was younger and might have another go at it. How about getting a distillery going, make your own Whisky. A little less Speyside and more highside. :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl, I am just killing the wild yeast with Campden tablets for the 1st 24hrs, then I will add my own "special" yeast and see what happens to it.

I like the idea of "highside!" whiskey........... the feeling of flying followed by an almighty comedown and sore head & body
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Carl, I am just killing the wild yeast with Campden tablets for the 1st 24hrs, then I will add my own "special" yeast and see what happens to it.

I like the idea of "highside!" whiskey........... the feeling of flying followed by an almighty comedown and sore head & body
Thats it take every opertunity to mock me & take the crumbling biscuit & let me tell you the sore body is bloody sore today...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Ah mac at least your well liked.

As for me I got spray foam and another foam brick today. Maybe I can finish roughing out the buck for my carbon tail tomorrow.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Today? I moved it real close to the car so I could fit a Ducati next to it in the garage :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

AMCQ46 wrote:I used my 20tonne garage press to press the juice out of 5 boxes of apples. A sledgehammer to crack a nut!!!!! but I now have 3 gallons of dark murky liquid that may or may not ferment and become slightly drinkable...... what could go wrong!?
Mmmmm Calvados
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Just manually changed the tyres from Pirelli super corsas to Metzeler z8's.

Jeeps, how hard is it to break the bead. Think I've damaged myself :x

This is the method I used, if any one has any better methods please post :thumbup:

wd40 around the bead whilst pressing with my belly on a piece of 8"x2" x 2'6" long & my lad standing on the rim :lol: Farce :lol:

Then 3 split 4" lengths of long propane pipe as rim protectors.

I used 3 tyre irons to peel it over the rim.

I used half a bottle of lidl's finest dish liquid all over the tyre & rim to place the new to me Z8's on.

The first bead went on with ease, but the other needed irons & only slight marks to the rim can be seen due to not using protectors.

Saved myself £20 which will be used to purchase a bottle of Lidl's finest Bourbon & a 6 pack of 2 litre cider. :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I used to be able to change a knobby on a dirtbike rim in minutes and used to get far too much practice fitting new tubes out in the wilds with minimal tools. Even with the change to using Bib Mousse it was still fairly easy in the garage and never required on the trail.

I fitted a new tyre to the rear of the KTM a little while back. What the feck are they making these things out of now? Iron? It took me two hours and the sweat lost would barely be compensated by a 6 pack of Cider. My hands looked like slabs of meat and I ached for days afterwards.

I love my tyre fitter and want to have his babies....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Well mac at least you can ride..... Modified the valve train and timing today....
Not happy as I was advised by so many here as in this part of japan not to do the cct yet.....

Left rad is off whole rear sub is off cam cover carbs exct. I am drunk enough not to do any damage but I will have a hangover from hell tomorrow and there will be some to pay unless I get a free cct and free machine work if needed. Dealers are liars! I have said it over and over today but I am so angry to think I went against years of experience I have in the shop for some idiots I dont know saying I didnt need to do the cct.... NO not for 100000 more kilos they said... Yesterday...... I listened like a fool because its my first bike...

Sorry guys I shoulda listened.
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

I have changed my tyres for years now and occasionally do mates tyres too, for me it's 4 rears a year and 2 fronts. It's easy once you get used to it.... I use glass cleaner as my lube as it isn't oil based and evaporates quickly. I will say pirreli tyres are an absolute nightmare to get on, getting em off isn't any trouble but getting a new one on can take a good 20mins trying
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

sobered up got the head off... as in my other post bent over at wide open...
I dont remember what I posted last night I know I was skunk drunk angry and wielding my computer.

Also the cbr1000rr rim is here looks great
photos asap...
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

took the tiger for a test run on its new suspenders,great improvement :D
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Woo hoo, the KTM runs. One small weep from a hose that needed a little tightening up. A bit of smoke from all the anti-sieze that went into the exhaust but that's it. Rebuilt rear shock feels luverly, what a difference just sitting on the bike. Shame the front feels a bit sticky. Now get it back into the garage (lounge) to get the rest of the plastics back on and clean the air filter. Insurance kicks in on Tuesday and then I'm tempted to bring the storm inside and start on the winter work.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

countrymick wrote:took the tiger for a test run on its new suspenders,great improvement :D
good news, what did they do to the forks?
AMcQ