what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
RedStormJ

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by RedStormJ »

Carl you bet I am after measurements. I am eyeballing a super cheap engine with fewer miles than my vtr. Plus I found another excuse today. Engines gotta also come out for oil. I got a bad gasket somewhere.

Mr big twin. I couldnt keep up with a harley with a lawnmower engine in it at the moment but I do enjoy the nasty noise it makes when I blip her from first through third.
I got many plans for my vtr and some upsetting to me news.

I been constructing a buck for my vtr's tail overall it would have been 1/4 of the weight. But today I mounted up the buck for a quick look at how it would sit.... :thumbdown: Its twisted from resin getting into the board too long and I didnt know the left and right sides of the bike frame were different. Buck split down the seam and promptly ended up in the trash.
I found a bunch of foam to sculpt a new buck but a week and about 15 of your pounds down the drain....
I am so mad at my self for not taping the buck up and not filling the cavity with foam.

i did repair my carbon...and black fiberglass belly pan. with an all carbon patch. Header had burned it through. I also replaced a bad cap nut /i had bought on my mirror post with a new one. Checked out where my butt actually sits on the frame . Also tightened a bunch of freshly loose bolts back up!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Carl you bet I am after measurements
Start a new thread in Workshop with what measurements you require and someone should respond. Posts in here will get buried.
==============================Enter the Darkside
playerone

Post by playerone »

took it for another dyno run........posted result in that section.........still needs a bit work
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Done an oil change on the CBF, covered up and put on charger for the winter ready to pull the firestorm out and start working on her.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Come on Bazza, can't be the riding for the year done already!!!!!

But

I've yet to see your Storm, so get a move on and get her ready for a thrashing.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

grumpyfrog wrote:Come on Bazza, can't be the riding for the year done already!!!!!

But

I've yet to see your Storm, so get a move on and get her ready for a thrashing.
I will have her ready for the new riding season, forgotten what it's like to wheelie a bike, and walk like John Wayne after a full day in the saddle.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

started a new buck! I got the section for the shock and mounting points cut out but that just happened right after the post.
Tested the speed out on a section of road going home from work. How fast does this bike go?
I ran out of fifth and got half way up sixth I think. I was too busy keeping the bike straight.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

RedStormJ wrote:Tested the speed out on a section of road going home from work. How fast does this bike go?I ran out of fifth and got half way up sixth I think. I was too busy keeping the bike straight.
Clean bike your changing there Red. I thought you were fitting the SP engine & other mods onto a wrecker :?

I think their good enough for an honest 150, could be wrong though. Depends how fat your not :lol:

I've seen 145 on private roads (runway), its the 3rd gear acceleration that amazes me though.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

This bike is in amazing shape. 380000 yen take the two zeros off for dollars with plates shipped to the door. includes insurance and inspection.
Im not fat anymore. Down to 165lbs. I gotta work out again.
The condition is exactly why I dont want to molest the stock parts. If I cut into anything or change it I want to be able to change it back.
IF it was a wreck I would already have done a single sided de-baffled exehaust.
Keeping all my stock parts unless roasty ever replies on that winker. I got a scuffed up one but it aint smashed.

I learned on my 2002 a8l that I tuned. Had mountains of power but the girls hated riding in it because of the 3 inch exehaust. I chucked the stocker like an idiot and my baffle kit wasn't good enough fo shut it up. Molested a clean stock pearl a8....
I will never cut that much material from a stock car again.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Not a lot..Moved all 5 to do some bits n bobs in the MacCave, checked the tyre presures on Custard.

Put 'em all back in now with dust sheets over all but the Custard.

Will be out tonight on Custard heading to Chelmsford for a do.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

had a 166 mile blast today, tried the new camera mount it was great, the noise needs sorting though as you here the wind really. I may get a mike attachment etc. The bike is going extremely well. I still can't get the RH side of the tyre right off, theres about 5mm to go. I am still impressed with how well this bike goes. i think today i had about 4 bikes on the cadmium loop, id be fecking embarresed if i had sports bike and a CBF came past with panniers top box and somebody on the back :lol:
Last edited by bigtwinthing on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Ordered a 1000rr swinger. It may not go on the bike but it has a good rim and tire with sprocket and caliper on it. I may try to fit it as its pro link. If not Ill sell it for probably about half of what I paid for the unit minus the tire and rim of course.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

2 teeth up on the rear sprocket, what an easy, cheap, great way to get ( what seems like )some more beans midrange. gotta be careful off the lights now :lol: 6-10,000 rpm is just perfect fueling and super smooth power delivery. i do love this bike ( old farts only probably) :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

put a nitron on the back today.forkes should be back this week so im heading for hardknot pass before winter arives.should be sorted. :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sat night/Sun morn...crashed The Custard Crumble... :( See here...http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40074
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...