what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

Varastorm wrote:Goofed around with a swing arm :lol:

Not finished by any means & it might not even work at all :lol:

Bloody Hell that looks like part of a suspension Bridge. you know the guys on here are "Weight loss" Freaks. you need to drill some holes in it.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

bigtwinthing wrote: you need to drill some holes in it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your right Btw, It does have that Fourth bridge look about it :lol:

Tbh, the weight of the braces are unbelievably light, it does look a bit over the top though :redface
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

While your at it give your workbench a coat of varnish :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I kinda like the under and over brace, looks like you mean business
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd prefer just the under brace :thumbup:
will the underside of the chain have clearance mate?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

agentpineapple wrote:i'd prefer just the under brace :thumbup:
will the underside of the chain have clearance mate?
Not to sure if any of it will fit a Varadero AP :lol: It's an experiment & some just don't work out :lol:

Hopefully, the chain clearance issue has been helped by fitting a smaller 45t rear sprocket.

I was going to play with it again today but decided to varnish the bench :lol:

Na, I went to see the Dyno guy Paul Bland to see if I could sneak a run on the dyno, too busy today but I'm in for 9am in the morrow :thumbup:

So went for a billy no mates ride around Snowdonia & the bike shops :D feck me it pulls well in 3rd to the red line.

Sat on a few of my dream bikes :D Ducati Multistrada enduro £18,500 8O crazy.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I had a good long peek under the dustsheets at mine......... to be continued
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Fitted a rear disc and pads all round...thanks to Mac & Franks parts extravaganza. :thumbup: Should be up to MOT standard now so all I have to do is find the right insurance now. Cheap is good if there is such a thing. Bloody postcode lottery, and I've lost all my no claims because I haven't been insured for a year not that I think it makes too much difference. It's a bit of a lucky dip insurance. I hate insurance companies..kill them all with fire. :evil: It's bad enough we have to pay tax.

Is the Storm considered a classic yet for insurance purposes and would this be a benefit?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Fitted a rear disc and pads all round...thanks to Mac & Franks parts extravaganza. :thumbup: Should be up to MOT standard now so all I have to do is find the right insurance now. Cheap is good if there is such a thing. Bloody postcode lottery, and I've lost all my no claims because I haven't been insured for a year not that I think it makes too much difference. It's a bit of a lucky dip insurance. I hate insurance companies..kill them all with fire. :evil: It's bad enough we have to pay tax.

Is the Storm considered a classic yet for insurance purposes and would this be a benefit?
I thought it was 2yrs before you lose your ncb
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

cybercarl wrote: and I've lost all my no claims because I haven't been insured for a year

Is that right? Be the same for me when I come to insure then :(
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Your joking right?

You actually pay insurance?

Next you'll be saying you mot it & tax it :lol:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

i sent the tigers forks off for spring and revalve job.it should be nice when i can feel what the tire is actualy doing :D :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I thought it was 2yrs before you lose your ncb
Well I just put 4 years NCB into go compare. I was honest about my non expired points left on the license and put down aftermarket end cans. But this is insurance and it's all bollox. Have a look :lol:

TPFF
Check out the excess 8O

Third Party only

So I may as well go third party only as there is no excess. With the amount the excess is above makes it pointless :lol: Still it's half the amount I was paying before. I was thinking it would be over £200 which the others on the list are. I don't care who insures me. All I want is to be legal so I don't get done by ANPR so the cheaper the better. Anything else is not worth it. It's all a con and they will all find a way to screw us over one way or another when it comes down to the crunch.

OK I thought I would put no no claims in a see what it came out as for third party only 8O So how the heck do I prove my no claims.
Last edited by VTRDark on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john306

Post by john306 »

[quote="cybercarl"
TPFF
Check out the excess 8O

Third Party only

So I may as well go third party only as there is no excess. With the amount the excess is above makes it pointless :lol: Still it's half the amount I was paying before. I was thinking it would be over £200 which the others on the list are. I don't care who insures me. All I want is to be legal so I don't get done by ANPR so the cheaper the better. Anything else is not worth it. It's all a con and they will all find a way to screw us over one way or another when it comes down to the crunch.[/quote]

Wow horrendous, I've got stainless steel exhausts fitted but no idea what make/sort, how old, could just be straight replacements who knows. So just told them they replaced a rusted system a long time ago and it didn't add to the cost fortunately, still high though as I'd not had bike insurance for years so no NCB :(
popkat

Post by popkat »

cybercarl wrote:

OK I thought I would put no no claims in a see what it came out as for third party only 8O So how the heck do I prove my no claims.

Phone your previous insurers from a year ago and ask them to send you proof of no claims, you then pass this on to your new insurer. sometimes they'll insure you and give you a period of time to provide the NC proof, although as it's all electronic now I don't see why they can't just liase between themselves with regard to the NCD, maybe they do if you provide your new insurers with your old insurance details, either way it on the phone for you :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s