what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote:
MacV2 wrote: Totaly forgot to take pics of the spare frame I have for freeridenick...sorry fella will do it tomorrow...
No bother Mac.
You have mail...inc pics... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

cybercarl wrote:The fairings are not that strong. You got off lightly. A busted mirror and lever is pretty much standard for a drop but it's normally either the clutch or brake lever. Did the car stop. I hope you gave them what for. I think bikers should be allowed to carry a Gatling gun on the front of their bikes. Mind you in this day and age with cars having so many electronics we could have some kind of electronic blocking device followed by some chaff.
It was more my fault really, noobish front brake panic grab really. He was just the trigger, we argued, shook hands and parted ways, just one of those things on the road really. Sometimes I feel I should just hit the bloody cars but that would be super messy, long and painful for me :lol:
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Put the standards cans back on, I may polish up the high mount link pipes and sell them...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ConTRo13R wrote:Put the standards cans back on, I may polish up the high mount link pipes and sell them...
you will have people beating down your door for them mate, don't forget to include the hanging brackets with the high mount linkpipes... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I cleaned it.
Well, I tried to clean it, Halfords don't stock Bikenuba wax, only the car version.

Used Flash in a bucket instead, it got the flies off well enough, and now smells of pine.

And threw lots of spares out for the scrap man to collect- cam covers, a frame, some cams, clutches, sprag clutches, loads of sumps and oil pumps and other engine internals.
Listed some parts on Ebay, let's see if anyone's in a buying mood atm.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

They were so high mount the brackets I had with them didn't actually work :/ I had then bolted to the undertray. Now that I have actually had high mount pipes I can say I much prefer the look of low mount ones. Just need to find a decent set.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Road over to Minster on the Isle of Sheppy, to look at a Storm for sale in the company of Vanstub.

Had a good look, took a quick ride, bid him down, agreed a price, paid a deposit. Pick it up next week... :thumbup:

See here...http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 33#p428830

Road of down to Laybourne had an ice cream on the sea front...Ragged it back to mine, tea, tabs & BSB...

Tomorow i'm booked in to have me lumps felt...I must be mad but this Stormitus is a bitch & I've got it bad...hahahaha
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Rode back to sunny Manchester after attending the 14th annual 'Hizzy run' memorial ride in memory of the late great Steve Hislop.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

in a rush of blood i removed the vfr800 bars and went back to a top yoke setup. :D . feels a lot better on my old battered body lol.. tho cant get dam pictures to load up onto photobucket..again :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Bike passed the mot :thumbup: :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Mot passed this morning. for the princely sum of £29.76
took the bike to a scooter dealership just south of tower bridge. the guys in there loved the bike. and tbh they didn't really go over the bike. but the fecker did put a noisy exhaust as an advisory, even tho the same guy last year with the same exhaust didn't put an advisory..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
just need to pack my luggage for the return trip to spain.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Took it for a very wet 150 mile thrash over the North Pennines. I HATE that back tyre. Sideways on cattle grids I can understand but the b'stard let loose on a straight road changing up into top, 6th FFS! Currently cleaning bike and underwear....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote:Mot passed this morning. for the princely sum of £29.76
took the bike to a scooter dealership just south of tower bridge. the guys in there loved the bike. and tbh they didn't really go over the bike. but the fecker did put a noisy exhaust as an advisory, even tho the same guy last year with the same exhaust didn't put an advisory..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Did you need advising that your exhaust was a bit noisy?
Surely you had already noticed.........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:Mot passed this morning. for the princely sum of £29.76
Did you need advising that your exhaust was a bit noisy?
Surely you had already noticed.........
my point exactly....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rode home, rain to start but dry by 12. 912 miles around Cornwall, a great week. bike and the Missus were great :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!