Op Storm Wales 2016. September 16, 17, 18

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Op Storm Wales 2016. September 16, 17, 18

Post by AMCQ46 »

Flatline will have forgotten that he is the organiser Steve, and I bet he has also forgotten that I am not going to be there, so you should propose a route and send it it to him...

You should lead the progressive one and make Jack lead the sites seeing route as a punishment
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'd volunteer but I'm hopeless at map reading and would end up getting everyone lost.

Last time out in Devon I just followed Bazza with his sat nav, all went well but it was a boring ride home following his RAC van.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I'm happy to put a copy of the route in my Satnav if someone wants to send me the route file, won't be in the fast group thou.

Our give me an suggested route and I will generate one and send out a copy of it.

I have loaded a route from aust to camp site.
adyf

Post by adyf »

You really looking forward to this then bazza? Can't wait either been out with some lads round Lincolnshire but not a patch on our lot.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Nope, not forgotten, site booked, just waiting for numbers nearer the time

Steve, happy for you to lead the progressive group

I will take the others

Also, by all means suggest a route, can you use plotaroute?

Alistair, not forgotten you will be missing, none of your shyte music to listen to. Yey!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Flatline wrote:
Alistair, not forgotten you will be missing, none of your shyte music to listen to. Yey!

Ahh you have woken up at last.

1) spell it correctly...... ALASTAIR [that was just to get you back fro the Flatty, outburst ;)]
2) its not shite, its just you are too old

I will miss not being there much more than you lot will miss me not being there :D
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Flatline wrote:

Ahh you have woken up at last.

1) spell it correctly...... ALASTAIR [that was just to get you back fro the Flatty, outburst ;)]
2) its not shite, its just you are too old

I will miss not being there much more than you lot will miss me not being there :D
Al who ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Flatline wrote:Nope, not forgotten, site booked, just waiting for numbers nearer the time

Steve, happy for you to lead the progressive group

I will take the others

Also, by all means suggest a route, can you use plotaroute?

This is well and good, however i doubt i have the talent nor the speed to lead the fast group, i don't mind giving it a go mainly due to the fact that am hooning round Wales most Sundays so i know some nice roads, and if the boys understand that and make an allowance for it then its a goer.
Also my route planning skills on a computer are pants, but i know where i'm going coz the maps in my head (thanks to the british army) so maybe we could plan a meeting place for both groups at lunch and take it from there, bit of a mysery tour...sorry race....must try to think fast !
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

So what distance are we talking about, Snowdonia ? bit further ? 2-300 ml round trip ? or, there's a burger king ,cafe, fuel stop at the other end of a big glaciated valley a bit further on ?

Hello ? anybody out there ? :wave:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

That sounds like a plan 250 is about what we normally do

Let me ask kev if he's got any routes he knows as well
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

We always seem to end up in a village with a petrol station, which is useful for Storm owners, for lunch.
Can't remember what it's called but there's a chip shop opposite a pub.
This seems to be a suitable meetup spot for both groups and allows people to swap from one group to another if they wish.

Seems like a good idea to keep that bit, if the routes allow.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Two points

1 Why don't we just do last years route in reverse ? everybody appeared to enjoy it, there's a decent eatery at Betws Y coed which about half way and we know all the fuel stops.

2 I am not confident enough speed wise to lead the fast group, i mean a 20 year old Storm with a 60 (almost) year old on it leading potentially two blades a gixxer an aprilia and an sp2 around the fast roads of Wales, you couldn't make it up.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Steve97 wrote:Two points

1 Why don't we just do last years route in reverse ? everybody appeared to enjoy it, there's a decent eatery at Betws Y coed which about half way and we know all the fuel stops.

2 I am not confident enough speed wise to lead the fast group, i mean a 20 year old Storm with a 60 (almost) year old on it leading potentially two blades a gixxer an aprilia and an sp2 around the fast roads of Wales, you couldn't make it up.
Seriously, Steve, everyone's civilised, it's easy if you want to have a blat to drop back and then play catch up.
No-one gets left behind and it's not a race, after all.
All that happens, if anyone wants to go faster, is they go past, and then wait at the next junction or main turn-off point.

You'll be fine, i'm happy following you.

Happier than running off to the horizon and losing half the group!

Do you prefer to be overtaken on the inside or the outside?

(joking) :lol:
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

tony.mon wrote:
Steve97 wrote:Two points

Seriously, Steve, everyone's civilised, it's easy if you want to have a blat to drop back and then play catch up.
No-one gets left behind and it's not a race, after all.
All that happens, if anyone wants to go faster, is they go past, and then wait at the next junction or main turn-off point.

You'll be fine, i'm happy following you.

Happier than running off to the horizon and losing half the group!

Do you prefer to be overtaken on the inside or the outside?

(joking) :lol:
Thanks Tony thats all i needed, :thumbup:

will post up a route for the group,it wont be a map but a list of roads and place names then people can look it up for themselves instead of blindly following on.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just do a few copies and bring a roll of gaffer tape so we can stick them to the tank. If it rains we'll all get lost!