what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
kev64

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by kev64 »

New rear tyre (maxxis , not sure what type, should go well with the Dunlop on the front :D )
Cleaned rear end a bit, and wheel,
cleaned chain and applied wax (WD40 wax :thumbup: )
Found loose +ve battery terminal, tightened.
Gave her a good check over pre MOT (1st sept)

Sorry no pics, photobucket is now totally unworkable unless you buy it !! :thumbdown:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:today I watched young Jack try his hand at making his own streetfighter.

still uploading but here is his "how to make a street fighter" tutorial. https://youtu.be/BnOHcJmM6P0

Please make your donations to the proud parents as they might both [Jack and Steve] be in the doghouse and won't be allowed into the cave to fix it.

needs:
Rear subframe
front fairing subframe
headlight
RH Rad
front firings
tail fairings
front indicators
screen

and some fags to calm the nerves
Does he still need fairing sides and a screen ? As I have them in red and blue !
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Fitted mosfet r/r yesterday.Although it seems like painting the forth bridge I think that's it for the time being.Wash and polish today.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well nowt on the bike but bought a new helmet.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Went to pick the bike up from it's MOT and they didn't even get to it. They're pretty sure the engine is junk - front cylinder running around 50 degrees hotter than the rear.

Valve timing is right so looks like knackered piston or bent rod.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

met a Audi RS6....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk thats one fast car :eek2 :eek2 . we actually stopped afterwards and had a yarn.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

freeridenick wrote:Went to pick the bike up from it's MOT and they didn't even get to it. They're pretty sure the engine is junk - front cylinder running around 50 degrees hotter than the rear.

Bugger. They didn't even quote to look into it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
freeridenick

Re: what have you done to your

Post by freeridenick »

Miztaziggy wrote:
freeridenick wrote:Went to pick the bike up from it's MOT and they didn't even get to it. They're pretty sure the engine is junk - front cylinder running around 50 degrees hotter than the rear.

Bugger. They didn't even quote to look into it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I half expected it given it's history and it didn't feel right riding it to the garage. When I got there they instantly said it didn't sound right.

They've kept it to look into it a bit more but I've got a spare engine so should be able to sort it myself.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Custard Crumble was traeted to new rear wheel bearings & a sprocket carrier bearing.

Took the Leo Vince's off & fitted a set of debaffed stds.

Repaired the rear light as one of the tabs had broken.

Helped me neighbour do his fork seals on his CBr125...Franks legs are less spindly than them forks... :lol: :lol:

Totaly forgot to take pics of the spare frame I have for freeridenick...sorry fella will do it tomorrow...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Replaced a knackered rear indi on the KTM. This meant taking the back half of the bike to pieces, replacing or cleaning all the furry fasteners, painting the rear subframe. Making up and new back loom with resistors for the led indis and putting everything back together with lashings of copaslip and dielectric grease.

Then onto the Storm. Replaced the too short front hoses with some new Hel finest. Bleeding the bleeders and then taking it for a test run. Apart from a moment on a slippery off camber right hander that launched me out of the seat (I HATE that tyre) I came back with a big grin.

Now cooking goat curry and drinking Pernod. Yum!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Dropped it :( car pulled out from being parked on the side, I grabbed a fistful and locked the front into a wicked skid mark.. not so wicked when i had to ride home with a busted gear lever and smashed mirror. I was super happy i had engine covers on too, these vtr fairings are great crash bungs
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The fairings are not that strong. You got off lightly. A busted mirror and lever is pretty much standard for a drop but it's normally either the clutch or brake lever. Did the car stop. I hope you gave them what for. I think bikers should be allowed to carry a Gatling gun on the front of their bikes. Mind you in this day and age with cars having so many electronics we could have some kind of electronic blocking device followed by some chaff.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Steve97

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Steve97 »

lloydie wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:today I watched young Jack try his hand at making his own streetfighter.

still uploading but here is his "how to make a street fighter" tutorial. https://youtu.be/BnOHcJmM6P0

Please make your donations to the proud parents as they might both [Jack and Steve] be in the doghouse and won't be allowed into the cave to fix it.

needs:
Rear subframe
front fairing subframe
headlight
RH Rad
front firings
tail fairings
front indicators
screen

and some fags to calm the nerves
Does he still need fairing sides and a screen ? As I have them in red and blue !
Thanks Buddy, but all done, just waiting on some clocks and its back on the road.........for the third time !
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

MacV2 wrote: Totaly forgot to take pics of the spare frame I have for freeridenick...sorry fella will do it tomorrow...
No bother Mac.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

cybercarl wrote:The fairings are not that strong. You got off lightly. A busted mirror and lever is pretty much standard for a drop but it's normally either the clutch or brake lever. Did the car stop. I hope you gave them what for. I think bikers should be allowed to carry a Gatling gun on the front of their bikes. Mind you in this day and age with cars having so many electronics we could have some kind of electronic blocking device followed by some chaff.
A mate of mine in Oz used to carry 1/2" ball bearings. If he got cut up he'd overtake and toss a couple over his shoulder. Not much good if you've been knocked off though.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)