New battery.

General Bike chat
VTRid3r

New battery.

Post by VTRid3r »

Hi peeps. Rely sorry as I'm sure u have seen this a million times before. I'm about to order a new battery for my 2000 storm and was wondering the best size to get. Was looking at a yuasa ytx20 bs. I know it taller but wld it fit or do u recommend something else. I wld rather not go the 10ah route again. Thanks.
Flatline

Re: New battery.

Post by Flatline »

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39252

The battery guy told me its the same size as the ytx16 just 18ah not 14ah

So you just remove the top cover

Probably best to measure your current battery and check the new one is the same width and depth

Good luck
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Thanks flatline. Was hoping to place an order tonight. Not at home until tomoro. I guess it will have to wait a day later. Better to be safe than get the wrong size. Cheers. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

If you check out the batteries on Ebay, many of the sellers give the dimensions,

Chris.
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

sirch345 wrote:If you check out the batteries on Ebay, many of the sellers give the dimensions,

Chris.
Thanks Chris. Will be home by 2pm so will check battery size then and check ebay again. Hopefully I will find d 1 in gd time within budget.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You can't go far wrong with a Yuasa for quality. I may be wrong but IIRC If you look inside the battery box there is a tray at the bottom that can be removed so you can get a slightly taller battery in.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

VTRid3r wrote:Hi peeps. Rely sorry as I'm sure u have seen this a million times before. I'm about to order a new battery for my 2000 storm and was wondering the best size to get. Was looking at a yuasa ytx20 bs. I know it taller but wld it fit or do u recommend something else. I wld rather not go the 10ah route again. Thanks.

I would also add, no matter which Battery you get, keep it maintained (tendered) with a CTEK MXS 5.0 or similar if you don't ride the bike often.
Especially if you get a more expensive AGM battery
(which well handle being left for longer periods between rides)
Just good to look after them if you don't use the bike much over the Winter period :)
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.