triumph

General Biker Banter
countrymick

triumph

Post by countrymick »

im seriously looking at getting a speed triple later in the summer,dose anyone have experiance/advice of these.chears in advance gents....
popkat

Re: triumph

Post by popkat »

The newer the better, at least 2008 onwards.

Early 955's are getting on a bit now, powder coated engines will be flaking and peeling off, the blind bolt on the suspension linkage will be seized which is a bit of an butt to sort out, but the worst thing is the fuel tanks seem to be swelling due to ethanol, can make it hard to refit them and the paint can bubble.

They have a nice strong engine, a little characterless I feel as the power is seamless, best one I rode had an Arrow full low level exhaust which restored the missing character.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

popkat wrote:

........best one I rode had an Arrow full low level exhaust which restored the missing character.

+1.

The system you're describing gives the bike a lovely aggressive bark.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

The only bike (other than an MT-07) I'd consider chopping the TRX for....
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

cheers gents,ive herd about the tank proplems.i thought they would have sorted that by now.looking for another project for next winter,just floating a few ideas. :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

The older bikes the T509 etc are fantastic bikes still but they come with problems, like the weak gear ( cant remember which one it was ) and the crappy grenade clutch, but as someone pointed out the newer the better, I would love a speed triple but they are very tall.

The newer ones are far better quality.

You really cant go wrong with these bikes, love em.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

the extra riding space is part of the attraction.ive picked up a couple of joint/tendon injuries over the winter that the riding position on the storm is realy agrivating.ironic since ive spent the last few years getting it working exactly how i want.joys of getting older.im giving it a few months over the summer if things dont improve she might have to go. :thumbdown:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

well carnt bring my self to sell the storm so she is staying for playing silly buggers on sunny nights.have placed a deposit on this for somthing a little different.to help the bones on long runs.Image its only done 250 miles in 3 years....
Watty

Post by Watty »

I like that Mick :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

just a little different. :cool2
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That looks very comfy Mick. Good looking bike too :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

countrymick wrote:well carnt bring my self to sell the storm so she is staying for playing silly buggers on sunny nights.have placed a deposit on this for somthing a little different.to help the bones on long runs.Image its only done 250 miles in 3 years....
Ooooooo. Pretty!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I like the look of that.......... might try and blag a go on it in Scotland :D
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ooooh proper nice looking. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

cheers gents,its coming in to the workshop on the 11th as a part ex so should have it the week after,im using the storm fot kermits local weekend but will definitly need this for scotland,i dont think it will stay with a storm on twisty roads but should be a good compramise. :thumbup: