A12 driver banned after caught speeding 5 times in a month

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Wicky

A12 driver banned after caught speeding 5 times in a month

Post by Wicky »

:eek2

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/a12_driver_b ... _1_4533967

A 25-year-old driver with nine points on her licence has been banned after being caught speeding on the same stretch of the A12 five times in just over a month.
Larrysa Matty pleaded guilty to all the speeding offences when her case came before South East Suffolk Magistrates’s Court.

All the offences took place between Stratford St Mary and East Bergholt where average speed cameras are now in place to keep vehicles to the 70mph limit.

Matty was caught driving at 80mph at 7.49am on December 13.

She was clocked travelling at 80mph at 1.17am on December 16.

Matty was doing 82mph at 6.37pm on January 5 and 81mph at 3.26am on January 13.

Her fifth offence was at 7.59pm on January 17 when she was driving at 81mph.

Matty already had nine points on her driving licence at the time she committed the offences.

Matty, of Dagnall Street, south-west London, was disqualified from driving for six months.

In addition she was fined a total of £350.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Re: A12 driver banned after caught speeding 5 times in a mon

Post by lloydie »

Must of wanted to be banned ! Crazy bitch
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

She absolutely deserved that.

When I had six points I was so careful as I never wanted to have nine and be three points away from disqualification. I was so careful.

Silly silly woman.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Thick
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A few observations - Interesting that the speed limit on that stretch of A-road dual carriageway is 70mph and that she was done on an average speed of +/=80mph so there could have been a 9mph leeway (before automatic prosecution kicked in?) . So much so for 85 max when caught by a real life™ traffic policeman - wether this was influenced by the time of year (Winter and dark) or a hard and fast by the letter of the law prosecution for her multiple offences that were flagged and couldn't be ignored esp with her points record on the cusp. But heck a few years back in the summer I had a police car slowly cruising by me during a summer night when I was doing an indicated 90 on the M25 coming back from Cornwall, and they didn't bat an eyelid.

This is what makes me paranoid on unfamiliar main roads that with automation one's licence can be hoovered up in the blink of an eye, as this was a common theme on the speed awareness course of folk getting caught for a only a few mph over the limit outside of their usual county.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's worth mentioning that the prosecution notices sometimes take weeks to come through; she might have not even known about the first ones when she did the last ones....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Notices of intended prosecution MUST be served within 14 days of the offence. That does not mean it has to get to the person. It has to get to the address of the last registered owner by first class post. If it is served after the 14 days it's not worth the paper it's written on. I would suggest she just did not care or she had moved address without informing Dvla in which case they probably served the NIP at her previous address meaning a summons became necessary as she didn't respond.

In relation to the leeway all force areas are different. Sussex is 10% +2. Others are less and others are more.

The static speed cameras and mobile vans are not the same as police. A police car could follow you at 90 and if you are not acting like a tool they won't be too bothered. The cameras on the other hand are there to generate money. This money is usually returned to the local council area.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

StormyRob wrote:Notices of intended prosecution MUST be served within 14 days of the offence. That does not mean it has to get to the person. It has to get to the address of the last registered owner by first class post. If it is served after the 14 days it's not worth the paper it's written on. I would suggest she just did not care or she had moved address without informing Dvla in which case they probably served the NIP at her previous address meaning a summons became necessary as she didn't respond.

In relation to the leeway all force areas are different. Sussex is 10% +2. Others are less and others are more.

The static speed cameras and mobile vans are not the same as police. A police car could follow you at 90 and if you are not acting like a tool they won't be too bothered. The cameras on the other hand are there to generate money. This money is usually returned to the local council area.

When the police follow they use two datum points to get an average speed. They cant give you a definitive speed due to them moving as well. That is why they give you an average when they stop you. Static speed traps are different. The cameras use the lines on the floor to get the speed time taken over distance travelled = speed.

Either way she was consistent in her speeds and did they put signs up? Lets be honest who travels spot on 70 on the motorway. I regularly travel between 80/85 on the motorway just as many other drivers. What I don't get is why are they AVERAGE speed cameras and not maximum speed cameras (given that maximum speed anywhere in the country is 70mph). Does that mean that she would have been travelling between 70 - 90 mph for that stretch of road?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTR Phoenix wrote: . Does that mean that she would have been travelling between 70 - 90 mph for that stretch of road?
No, she might have been doing 30 at the first one and 180 at the second :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I got caught by a camera in Crawley - 34 in a 30 zone!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

That's very tight!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Speed cameras are 10% and automatic fine and points, when the police deploy their ambush techniques they sometimes pull you over if your 4mph or less over and give you the choice of the fine and points or an awareness course. Only 1 in 12mnths I think.
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Speed cameras are 10% and automatic fine and points, when the police deploy their ambush techniques they sometimes pull you over if your 4mph or less over and give you the choice of the fine and points or an awareness course. Only 1 in 12mnths I think.
All first speeding offenders should be offered the speed awareness course now, even from fixed cameras.
It's also worth noting that the cameras on the "smart" motorways are always on now, something to do with budget cuts and needing to recoup funds!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

What's the "smart" cameras? Also do the Mway cameras cover all lanes or just single lanes? Also if you were to swop lanes halfway through the "hot" zone would you still be caught?
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I read about the cameras after this article, and they state that if there are more than 2 cameras only the operators are the only to know which of the cameras after the first will check the average.

They use ANPR to catch the car and work out distance and time to calculate the average.

If there are groups of cameras in different locations down a road, like the A12, within 4 miles then they come under the same group.

So in theory you have 3 cameras together, the first will tag the car the other 2 are dummies then if there are 3 cameras 3.5 miles away, the last one could be the camera to tag the car and record the average. Bar stewards.