Kawasaki S1C 250 triple (1975)

Moderator: VTRDark

Pem Brooke

Kawasaki S1C 250 triple (1975)

Post by Pem Brooke »

So, here it is! My little Kawasaki is for sale.
First things first, I'm asking £4,700 for the bike.
It's the Kawasaki S1C 250 two stroke triple. Largely original and fabulous condition, no nasty bits, no hidden gremlins, not messed with or modified!
Showing 4,850 miles...looking at the condition this could well be right, though I have no history to show this.
Costly professional respray (tank, side panels, rear cowl) completed 6 months ago, original colour of 'Candy Halibut Blue', and is a show quality finish.
Chrome looks original and is in very good condition. The exhausts show no rust, no gravel rash. Frame is lovely, no rust, not touched up, no hammerite! (yep, I've seen that on so called immaculate bikes).
Wiring is original as far as my knowledge goes, not bodged, no extra bits hanging around. I put a new battery on a few weeks ago just for good measure.
Starts, runs and stops as it should. Drum front brake is OK providing you don't expect a VTR stopping power...just ride it sensibly! MOT'd to December 2016. Had the bike out for a run a couple of weeks ago and it was a real blast.
Originally a US bike, I registered it in the UK with an age related plate (N reg). Free Road Tax from April this year. I have a copy of the original ownership Title document from the USA, which adds some history and provenance to the bike.
I bought the bike last year with a view to fettling and polishing it, giving me a project over the winter months. I bought it unseen, but when it turned up in the van....the thing is so lovely I had nothing to do to it! And I'm not about to pull it apart just for the sake of it.
So I'm looking to move it on to find a more basic 'project' for this coming winter.
Now I don't need e mails telling me that it has the wrong split pin, wiring terminal or circlip fitted...no armchair critics please! If you like the look of the bike, then PM me. I'm in the North East, Whitley Bay, 10 mins after the Tyne Tunnel. I bought it unseen, but I would encourage viewing first. I won't give it away though, don't mind if it sits for a while.....
Thanks for looking! John.
Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
Duffy1964

Re: Kawasaki S1C 250 triple (1975)

Post by Duffy1964 »

That is a very clean example GLWS :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

GLWS> epic looking bike sir. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

On behalf of the forum...

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

Looks wicked! Glws
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

There's some dust on the sprocket !!! Giving that I'll offer £50
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

lloydie wrote:There's some dust on the sprocket !!! Giving that I'll offer £50
I'm off to let the wife have a piece of my mind! Imagine missing that!! :lol:
Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You need to have words mate ! She's slipping :-)
Watty

Post by Watty »

That is bloody beautiful , glws mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Yes its a fine example , hey I really admire that sturdy side stand look
at it I only wish my Vtr was as good, its got a centre stand as well good
look M8 :thumbup: