Not got a Storm?

General Bike chat
tony.mon

Re: Not got a Storm?

Post by tony.mon »

No, I haven't got a Storm any more.
Well, there are a few bits left, but only a few now, plus a few bits of another one, and several bits of several more, a rolling chassis, some frames, loads of engine internals, cables, pipes and harnesses, some plastics, leccy bits, and controls. Apart from that I haven't got one.

I'm getting over it, gradually.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Z28DUNC wrote:Moved onto a 2004 RSVR. Must admit it is nice 8)

I like the rsvr's, I had an 06 that I managed to lose my license on. It states 173 top speed but I topped mine at 160. Once funds permit though I would like the V4.

I believe it was the first gen new shape if you let the battery die the clocks would lose memory and reset everything even the mileage.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

V4 !!! Don't do it , engines are made of cheese .
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lloydie wrote:V4 !!! Don't do it , engines are made of cheese .
Really? I thought Aprilia had improved their ability to build a reliable bike with the V4.

I like the grunt from a twin but love winding up an inline 4 to screaming point and thought I would get the both of both worlds with the V4
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

VTR Phoenix wrote:

I like the rsvr's, I had an 06 that I managed to lose my license on. It states 173 top speed but I topped mine at 160. Once funds permit though I would like the V4.

I believe it was the first gen new shape if you let the battery die the clocks would lose memory and reset everything even the mileage.
It's the gen2 that has the issue with the clocks if the batter dies.

The v4's are nice to look at and sound good but they are cr@p. Far to many problems with them. Valves smashing pistons, gasket leaks, generators burning out ect.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Ckennedy wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:

It's the gen2 that has the issue with the clocks if the batter dies.

The v4's are nice to look at and sound good but they are cr@p. Far to many problems with them. Valves smashing pistons, gasket leaks, generators burning out ect.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Knew it was one of them lol. Mine must have been the new shape gen 1 on an 06 then as my battery died but didn't affect the clocks.

Maybe I wont look at a V4 then. Maybe the crossplane crank. Supposed to put down the same as a twin. Think some test rides are in order.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

When I went for my interview at Aprilia the other week I was shocked to see how many v4s they had in bits .
Either gear boxes failed or bent valves , big end bearings .
Absolute shite .
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lloydie wrote:When I went for my interview at Aprilia the other week I was shocked to see how many v4s they had in bits .
Either gear boxes failed or bent valves , big end bearings .
Absolute shite .
I knew there was a problem with the pre production con rods that was down to a dodgy batch but hadn't done anymore research until I was in a position to buy one. Don't think i'll bother now lol.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I sold my last storm, I moved further away from work, and the fuel range was killing me, brilliant bike those storms, I do look at them on the bay of evil and if one came at the right price maybe, but no way would it be used for work.

Currently ride a 2001 XLH1200C Harley Davidson sportster I have owned Harleys for years and wouldn't be without one )

Also have a CB1100SF1 X-11 in the garage, this is my second X-11 I really do love these bikes.